Highland Homestead and PCGNA

Pics
I completely approve of their names. I too am a HP fan.

All gorgeous girls. They are adorable!
I had never read the books before. Reading them now with the kids, and doing each character’s voice, which they love, is one of my most cherished things ever. We’re on Order of the Phoenix, about 3/4 through. We watch the movies after finishing each book.

Man, I ordered a dozen hatching eggs(to be delivered mid March) from a small hatchery in Minnesota called Highland Homestead. I recently noticed that their website stated that they had been bought by the PCGNA(Poultry Conservation Group of North America). No notice via email to people who had spent money there. I tried to follow up a few times via contact info on their website, no response. The website is now out of commission and I can’t find ANY info on this PCGNA group.

These people took my money in January, along with countless other customers who pre-orders hatching eggs for this Spring. If you happen to be one of these people, start pursuing a refund with your bank.

Also, if anyone has heard of this PCGNA group and knows how to contact them, let me know.

I’m heartbroken, I’ve been planning for these hatching eggs for MONTHS 😭 I’m seeking out other breeders, but this is just an all around 💩 situation.
i have actually picked up started chicks from this lady last year as I live in MN did you get resolution

Just checked back in on this thread and OMG, this thing really developed. If Kelsey really did die, that's terrible and I feel for her and her family. That said, it seems more likely that this is not the case. I mean... a fake obit?? Really, how much more scammy can you get than that? While it's possible that an obit was never published, I believe funeral homes are required to issue death notices. When my mom died we didn't submit an official obituary, but the funeral home issued a death notice within a few days of her death. So that should be readily locatable.

Another thing: the photos and captions/comments of the _playsaurus IG account were very much in the same style of Highland Homestead. Muted colors, cool palette, a balance between casual writing with emojis while still maintaining proper punctuation. While I realize this could be done with the right filters and attention to detail, it seems unlikely to me that a new account owner would spend time mimicking such things so perfectly.

Also the _playsaurus IG account seems to be gone. So either the owner pulled it when this was all going down or IG removed it. Nope, I've just been blocked - after I unfollowed the account. I also didn't send her any messages about this, so this means that she somehow connected my info here to my order history and IG account. Seems like a weird thing for a grieving sister to do...

Last edited:
I know nothing about the original "Highland Homestead" or "PCGNA", having never ordered eggs from either (assuming, for sake of argument, that they are differ. Have drawn my own conclusions about a poster defending them, and the authenticity of the purported Obituary. We are all adults here, confident others can do the same w/o my help.

That said, I do have help to offer in the future.

Every State in this Union has a "Secretary of State", and they ALL have on line business searches, which allow you to find businesses (active or inactive) registered in the State, and often further details - their structure, business address, contact for service of process, often their officers, etc.

This is the link for the MN Secretary of State Business Name Search.

Its not as user friendly as some I've used in the past decades, but it does work. What it does not do, however, is offer evidence that any business name resembling "Highland Homestead", "PCGNA", or "Poultry Conservancy Group of North America" is now, or ever was, a business entity recognized by the State. Unlike many States, MN does not have a separate "dba" (Doing Business As) or Assumed Name" search. However, a bit of digging makes clear that the Business Name search includes not only the traditional Corporate forms (Inc, LLC, partnership, etc) but also those individuals operating under assumed names - click the details of "Poultry Service Management" as but one example.

As a rule, I don't do business with those not legally recognized by the State in which they operate. Encourage you to do the same.

It really is such a bummer!!! I wonder how many people this has happened too! I thought she was pretty well known as well so I would have never guessed this would happen! Are you going to buy different hatching eggs? I’m considering it but then I’m scared that her orders will go out and I’ll have more chickens then I’ll have room for! 🤦🏼‍♀️ So so frustrating!
I feel like if it was legit she would have linked to this new company!
I placed an order last fall (sept 2020) and received them 6-8 weeks later (nov 2020) not sure what happened as I went to look for her today to purchase more, but yes I would just file a claim with bank as of now to get a refund if you cannot contact her through the email that was sent with your order confirmation

I placed an order last fall (sept 2020) and received them 6-8 weeks later (nov 2020) not sure what happened as I went to look for her today to purchase more, but yes I would just file a claim with bank as of now to get a refund if you cannot contact her through the email that was sent with your order confirmation
I know it’s a lot to read, but it’s far more complicated than that, as the rest of this thread is showing. The website is out of commission, and emails I sent were returned to sender.

Also, I did file a claim with my bank that was preliminarily refunded, but the other bank denied the claim. Meaning I have to take it through MASTERCARD and if they deny the claim, we’re SOL. Which sucks

I know nothing about the original "Highland Homestead" or "PCGNA", having never ordered eggs from either (assuming, for sake of argument, that they are differ. Have drawn my own conclusions about a poster defending them, and the authenticity of the purported Obituary. We are all adults here, confident others can do the same w/o my help.

That said, I do have help to offer in the future.

Every State in this Union has a "Secretary of State", and they ALL have on line business searches, which allow you to find businesses (active or inactive) registered in the State, and often further details - their structure, business address, contact for service of process, often their officers, etc.

This is the link for the MN Secretary of State Business Name Search.

Its not as user friendly as some I've used in the past decades, but it does work. What it does not do, however, is offer evidence that any business name resembling "Highland Homestead", "PCGNA", or "Poultry Conservancy Group of North America" is now, or ever was, a business entity recognized by the State. Unlike many States, MN does not have a separate "dba" (Doing Business As) or Assumed Name" search. However, a bit of digging makes clear that the Business Name search includes not only the traditional Corporate forms (Inc, LLC, partnership, etc) but also those individuals operating under assumed names - click the details of "Poultry Service Management" as but one example.

As a rule, I don't do business with those not legally recognized by the State in which they operate. Encourage you to do the same.

This is all excellent information. Thank you for sharing your findings. I’m newish to chicken keeping, at least as far as the aspect of any chickens not picked up from a local farm store goes.

Its great preventive practices for both new and experienced chicken keepers alike, looking to branch out and support a small business.

Just checked back in on this thread and OMG, this thing really developed. If Kelsey really did die, that's terrible and I feel for her and her family. That said, it seems more likely that this is not the case. I mean... a fake obit?? Really, how much more scammy can you get than that? While it's possible that an obit was never published, I believe funeral homes are required to issue death notices. When my mom died we didn't submit an official obituary, but the funeral home issued a death notice within a few days of her death. So that should be readily locatable.

Another thing: the photos and captions/comments of the _playsaurus IG account were very much in the same style of Highland Homestead. Muted colors, cool palette, a balance between casual writing with emojis while still maintaining proper punctuation. While I realize this could be done with the right filters and attention to detail, it seems unlikely to me that a new account owner would spend time mimicking such things so perfectly.

Also the _playsaurus IG account seems to be gone. So either the owner pulled it when this was all going down or IG removed it. Nope, I've just been blocked - after I unfollowed the account. I also didn't send her any messages about this, so this means that she somehow connected my info here to my order history and IG account. Seems like a weird thing for a grieving sister to do...

Want to know something funny? After that whole line about apologizing for blocking me yada yada, I’ve been blocked as well now... AGAIN.

I thought the same thing as you, regarding photo style and quality of social media posts. It’s really all so bizarre.

Again, if it’s all true, it is definitely sad. But there are far too many fishy things for anyone to say definitively one was or the other. Which should be a red flag in itself. Ugh. This is one of those situations where I just have to trust that karma will take care of it, whatever the truth may be.

Man, I ordered a dozen hatching eggs(to be delivered mid March) from a small hatchery in Minnesota called Highland Homestead. I recently noticed that their website stated that they had been bought by the PCGNA(Poultry Conservation Group of North America). No notice via email to people who had spent money there. I tried to follow up a few times via contact info on their website, no response. The website is now out of commission and I can’t find ANY info on this PCGNA group.

These people took my money in January, along with countless other customers who pre-orders hatching eggs for this Spring. If you happen to be one of these people, start pursuing a refund with your bank.

Also, if anyone has heard of this PCGNA group and knows how to contact them, let me know.

I’m heartbroken, I’ve been planning for these hatching eggs for MONTHS 😭 I’m seeking out other breeders, but this is just an all around 💩 situation.
They did this to me, too!!!! I tried to get my money back through my bank and the said the seller claims to have shipped it. Kelsey at Highland Homestead totally ripped me off! Hoping for a resolution!!!

just chiming in to say that I, too, was scammed by Kelsey. I even went so far as to find her on FB before ever reading this thread back in February. She never responded. Just looked back at that message thread and she also changed her last name on FB and made it impossible to find her. This whole thing was 100% a scam. What a shame!

Back
Top Bottom