Highland Homestead and PCGNA

Pics

Stephanie8806

Songster
5 Years
Feb 18, 2019
Central Washington State
Man, I ordered a dozen hatching eggs(to be delivered mid March) from a small hatchery in Minnesota called Highland Homestead. I recently noticed that their website stated that they had been bought by the PCGNA(Poultry Conservation Group of North America). No notice via email to people who had spent money there. I tried to follow up a few times via contact info on their website, no response. The website is now out of commission and I can’t find ANY info on this PCGNA group.

These people took my money in January, along with countless other customers who pre-orders hatching eggs for this Spring. If you happen to be one of these people, start pursuing a refund with your bank.

Also, if anyone has heard of this PCGNA group and knows how to contact them, let me know.

I’m heartbroken, I’ve been planning for these hatching eggs for MONTHS 😭 I’m seeking out other breeders, but this is just an all around 💩 situation.

Gosh that's horrible. Hopefully you'll find others here that are in the same boat and can help figure out a solution!

Man, I ordered a dozen hatching eggs(to be delivered mid March) from a small hatchery in Minnesota called Highland Homestead. I recently noticed that their website stated that they had been bought by the PCGNA(Poultry Conservation Group of North America). No notice via email to people who had spent money there. I tried to follow up a few times via contact info on their website, no response. The website is now out of commission and I can’t find ANY info on this PCGNA group.

These people took my money in January, along with countless other customers who pre-orders hatching eggs for this Spring. If you happen to be one of these people, start pursuing a refund with your bank.

Also, if anyone has heard of this PCGNA group and knows how to contact them, let me know.

I’m heartbroken, I’ve been planning for these hatching eggs for MONTHS 😭 I’m seeking out other breeders, but this is just an all around 💩 situation.
Hi! This same exact thing happened to me! I ordered from her in November and just yesterday noticed that her website, email, Instagram is gone! I am so so upset! I have been planning this for months as well! I have everything else all set up!!
Do you think there’s any chance we will still get our eggs?

Hi! This same exact thing happened to me! I ordered from her in November and just yesterday noticed that her website, email, Instagram is gone! I am so so upset! I have been planning this for months as well! I have everything else all set up!!
Do you think there’s any chance we will still get our eggs?

Ugh I’m so sorry this happened to you too! I am feeling exactly what you are, believe me. They’ve been around for a while so this is all so strange and abrupt.

I really don’t know. I’d like to think so, since they took our money and have not notified customers of a change to their plans or issued refunds... but as I can find zero information about this “PCGNA” group, and don’t know anything about their practices, I don’t feel confident that the same quality standards will be upheld. Like, maybe the eggs wouldn’t even be viable... who knows.

Ugh I’m so sorry this happened to you too! I am feeling exactly what you are, believe me. They’ve been around for a while so this is all so strange and abrupt.

I really don’t know. I’d like to think so, since they took our money and have not notified customers of a change to their plans or issued refunds... but as I can find zero information about this “PCGNA” group, and don’t know anything about their practices, I don’t feel confident that the same quality standards will be upheld. Like, maybe the eggs wouldn’t even be viable... who knows.
It really is such a bummer!!! I wonder how many people this has happened too! I thought she was pretty well known as well so I would have never guessed this would happen! Are you going to buy different hatching eggs? I’m considering it but then I’m scared that her orders will go out and I’ll have more chickens then I’ll have room for! 🤦🏼‍♀️ So so frustrating!
I feel like if it was legit she would have linked to this new company!

It really is such a bummer!!! I wonder how many people this has happened too! I thought she was pretty well known as well so I would have never guessed this would happen! Are you going to buy different hatching eggs? I’m considering it but then I’m scared that her orders will go out and I’ll have more chickens then I’ll have room for! 🤦🏼‍♀️ So so frustrating!
I feel like if it was legit she would have linked to this new company!

Honestly, I already have sort of written the whole thing off. Karma will have its out. I’ve submitted a claim with my bank to try to get my money back.

I don’t see how this new organization could possibly be legitimate. If you search for them on the internet, there’s literally NOTHING. No website, no social media, no references on other websites, nothing. And if she was going to take responsibility for the existing orders, why try and delete your entire internet presence? Something is fishy.

I am looking into picking up some eggs from a local breeder, which I should have done in the first place I suppose. I’m not too worried, if I were to receive eggs from HH at this point, I would be extremely skeptical about their quality, and likely not waste my time trying hatch them. I was really looking forward to my first ever hatch this month, but if it just doesn’t work out, then I’ll just buy live chicks and try again next spring

Honestly, I already have sort of written the whole thing off. Karma will have its out. I’ve submitted a claim with my bank to try to get my money back.

I don’t see how this new organization could possibly be legitimate. If you search for them on the internet, there’s literally NOTHING. No website, no social media, no references on other websites, nothing. And if she was going to take responsibility for the existing orders, why try and delete your entire internet presence? Something is fishy.

I am looking into picking up some eggs from a local breeder, which I should have done in the first place I suppose. I’m not too worried, if I were to receive eggs from HH at this point, I would be extremely skeptical about their quality, and likely not waste my time trying hatch them. I was really looking forward to my first ever hatch this month, but if it just doesn’t work out, then I’ll just buy live chicks and try again next spring
Yeah I completely agree. The fact that she has gotten rid of her entire social media is the most fishy part for sure!!
Well I wish you good luck with your chicken adventure!! I just ordered some new hatching eggs from a rusted roost.. she was so sweet and offered to send me eggs for free! 🙏🏻
if I hear any update I will hop back on here and let you know!

Yeah I completely agree. The fact that she has gotten rid of her entire social media is the most fishy part for sure!!
Well I wish you good luck with your chicken adventure!! I just ordered some new hatching eggs from a rusted roost.. she was so sweet and offered to send me eggs for free! 🙏🏻
if I hear any update I will hop back on here and let you know!

I Wish you luck too! If I don’t hear back from this local breeder, I will try out the one you mentioned!

Yes please, let me know about any developments you find! I will let you know how the refund dispute goes in my end. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom