Hillsborough County, Florida: Legalize Backyard Chickens!

:( nothing on the site yet. I'm going to contact the code enforcer next week to inquire. I want to wait til mid month in case something appears online in the meantime.

I just got off phone with the code enforcer. He said that even though the ordinance got approved, an agreement couldn't be made on how to follow through with permiting, regulation, etc so the whole thing is "86'd for now".
1f622.png
I have no idea what all goes into passing ordinances either so I'm very confused about what this means and heartbroken because, here we are again. Square one. I'm going to reach out to Floridabasser, one of the messengers on the forum, to see what in the world is going on with "oridinace passed but not" and where to go from here.

I'm doing the same. It's tough trying to find the right department person but I opened a case and was told I'd be contacted within the next 2 days by the right person to help. I will post when I learn something. Pretty please do the same:)

waiting on my District commission to get back to me.
I also pressed the zoning folks to get an answer.

i will start being a nuisance to them :)

So, according to BOCC documents, on July 20th, a citizen requested reconsideration of backyard chicken restrictions. On September 13, 2016 a report was presented documenting regulations and permitting in surrounding areas (plant city, Temple Terrace, city of tampa, Pinellas County and vitamin of Jacksonville). It states "while regulations can be crafted to introduce chickens into residential areas, code enforcement has indicated that there have been some challenges with enforcement of regulations" like not be able to link roaming chickens to owners. No further action seems to be indicated as far as moving forward. I'm going to contact my local commissioner to inquire about how to move forward.

Back
Top Bottom