hinnies again

ceazed

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2016
Dorset uk
gonna make some hinnie ducks got 2 runner drakes and put them in with her and she tried to kill them so moved her out the coop in to a 6x6 aviary and tried in the dark she still attacked them dose anyone know what to do also is it hinnie or hinny ducks
smile.png

gonna make some hinnie ducks got 2 runner drakes and put them in with her and she tried to kill them so moved her out the coop in to a 6x6 aviary and tried in the dark she still attacked them dose anyone know what to do also is it hinnie or hinny ducks
smile.png

I'd say 2 Runner drakes may rape the heck out of her. Once she lets them come close. She is probably trying to protect herself. Even 1 drake with one female can be too much for a female duck. I believe it hinnie.

we tried 1 in a 20x20 ft pen but she chased him i think she might of really hut him couldn't see cuzz it was dark

we tried 1 in a 20x20 ft pen but she chased him i think she might of really hut him couldn't see cuzz it was dark
She may how old is she and the 2 drakes? my older females will keep the young drakes away from themselves as long as possible by chasing them off but once they[drakes] get larger they really can't the drakes are so much bigger. But a Muscovy has the advantage she is probably heavier than the Runner drake. Just watch they don't get up the nerve to gang up on her. Especially in water.

Did you bring home 2 runners and just toss them into a pen with her?

You should keep them separated from her entirely for a while, then slowly introduce them so nobody gets hurt.
And 2 males to 1 female could be a disaster as Miss Lydia mentioned above

Tomorow I am picking up 3 more drakes as am selling them off how manny should I keep with 3 muscovys for the best hatch rate also the muscovys will now sleep in an 8 ft aviary with a 6x4 ft box and let out in the mornings away from the drakes :)

Tomorow I am picking up 3 more drakes as am selling them off how manny should I keep with 3 muscovys for the best hatch rate also the muscovys will now sleep in an 8 ft aviary with a 6x4 ft box and let out in the mornings away from the drakes
smile.png
Actually 1 drake to 3 females is ideal . Have you ever seen a testosterone driven drake and what they can do to a female? it's not pretty so your going to have to make sure these females are more than just there to give you hinnies they also need to be watched over and protected.

Back
Top Bottom