His cardboard sign simply said "Just Hungry"

I always offer food, never money.

That!

Preach the gospel in everything you do. If absolutely necessary, use words.

That's a good one!​

I hope if I am ever hungry that someone will feed me.

My sister lives in a more heavily populated area than we do and her husband has a business which can use day laborers sometimes. She says that out of all of the times that she has given her DH's business cards to those carrying "Will Work For Food" signs, none has ever taken them up on a job. There is a couple we've seen numerous times who "set up shop" at the Sam's/Walmart parking lot with signs. I have trouble believing they are truly needy. I'm sure there are those who are.

Step 13 in denver has a coupon program. When you see them panhandling, you give them the step 13 coupon for free meals.

(They hardly ever get the coupons back)

Quote:
What a good program! How does it work? Do you buy a number of coupons and then give them out to the homeless? That sounds like a wonderful solution.

By not getting the coupons back do you mean that the homeless don't come for the free meal?

Last edited:
th.gif
IMHO everyone has lost the original intent of this thread.

Quote:
Yep. But the Step 13 program sounds like something that should be better known. And I think that giving out food coupons would actually encourage people to help others.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep. But the Step 13 program sounds like something that should be better known. And I think that giving out food coupons would actually encourage people to help others.

Yeah, I think you two started getting it back on track. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom