Hmm...DH found a rubberband INSIDE an egg! PIC ADDED to post #22!

I see nobody has asked the important questions.

1. Does your chicken have a ponytail?

2. Was there a ponytail inside the egg?

3. Are you missing a mailman?

yuckyuck.gif
..oops I forgot..I bowed out..couldn't resist!!!

Quote:
That I can be sure of since i collect the eggs and brush them off before putting them in the carton. And DH will wipe any mess off of them before cracking them into the skillet. Good thought though! If I wasn't the egg collector, then I'd accept that as a possibility!

Quote:
1) Hmm...Do silkies, polish, etc here and my Faverolles and EEs with muffs usually let their muffs hang free...no dreads or braids for them.

2) It was a fertilized egg, so maybe the future chick had a ponytail! Faverolle roo again causin' problems! Stashing rubberbands in hens and trying to produce dreadlocked, ponytail wearin' offspring!

3) We have the federal PO Box mailbox thing (the kind with 9 or 12 boxes) down the street. So, Mr. Mailman is safe....for now anyway!
lol.png

I don't know, it looks like it might be a tapeworm. Several types can infect poultry when they eat earthworms and insects. Not all are segmented either, but the picture does show a few sections on the upper right side that look like segmentation. I don't remember ever reading about a tapeworm moving into an egg, but I don't see why it would not be theoretically possible. The larval stage of the worm moves through the various tissues of the body, including leading to cysts that can form in muscle tissue. I think it would be possible for part of worm or larvae to move into the ovum and begin to develop inside an egg. I don't know, but it seems plausible. Or, it might just be a plain ole rubber band. LOL

Back
Top Bottom