hmm, they were sold to me as royal palms... pics.*new pics added*

I personally like that variety very much, but it's always going to come down to "do you have what that person wants when they want it?". I'd think they'd be marketable since you always see royal palms but not golden palms. Good luck, hope your eggs do well!! Need a shipped eggs tester??
wink.png
it's ok, just
smack.gif
me
tongue2.gif

I don't think golden palms breed true but I am not sure. I think genetically they are a royal palm with a have a single red gene. That would mean they would produce red palms. But I do not think they are golden palms from your second picture.

does the guy on ebay's turkeys breed true? i dont know what to sell hatching eggs as now... i have some in a bator so i guess we will see. but id like to know sooner than that because im not going to know until they feather out. i have emails about my turkey eggs but now i dont want to sell them if i dont know what they will be
roll.png
or the poults.

i think they are much too light to be sweetgrass tho.. i was just looking at all the turkeys on that site and look at the "chocolate palms", i wish there were more pictures but WOW they look just like mine!!! Does anyone else agree??

there not chocolate palms
to be exact go to porters website
and click on links
and under links
you will find the turkey color
genetics group at yahoo
join the group send him
the pictures of your turkeys
if you cross a bourbon red turkey
to a royal palm you get sweetgrass
not many people have chocolate turkeys
or mottled chocolate, chocolate palms
or auburn, i have mottled chocolate
and auburn, and seen many turkeys
but they are not chocolate palms
you can ask omabird here at byc
she has 30 years raising turkeys
she is an expert when it comes
to turkeys

so are we just looking at a bad breeding of royal palms then?
hit.gif
is a golden palm different than chocolate palm?
barnie.gif
i wish they were SOMETHING!

Back
Top Bottom