Hmmm.. Should I??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CricketYang, Sep 5, 2010.

1. CricketYang

CricketYang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    [​IMG]

I love Whole Foods.

2. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I think I would
    What have you got to lose?
    I may even ask the Good Wife to look and see if we can get some locally and go for it myself.
    Keep us posted as to what you decide.

3. CricketYang

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    I think I shall [​IMG].. It's not like theres a shortage of eggs over here. We get about half a dozen a day from our ladies. Theres another thread on here about hatching Trader Joe's eggs but I can't find it and when I went to Trader Joe's there were none. Good old Whole Foods, you're always there for me when I need you. I'm letting them get to room temp on the counter and I'm going to add them to my Hova-bator tonight!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Once one of my incubators is free of eggs, I'll be getting some TJ eggs and trying to hatch some. I'd love to see & join any thread on grocery store/TJ eggs in the incubator for a test hatch.

I called the local Trader Joe's and found one that carries the fertile eggs.

5. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    OK...Im curious...Are they in the cold section? I thought if you put fertile eggs in the frig they were no good to hatch?? Just asking.

6. CricketYang

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    I was looking for that thread but I still couldn't find it! I wish there was a search you could do on threads in BYC. I'll join that thread once I find it!! The hatch rate isn't the best on store bought eggs but it's been done before. I put in my Isa's eggs and not ONE of them is fertile! I saw these at the store and thought I'd give them a try! Just try to get the package with the newest sell-by date.

I'll put them in tonight and candle them later in the week. If it only half of them hatch I'll be happy! Cheapest hatching eggs ever!

7. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

OK... I'm subscribing to this [​IMG] ... we just got a Whole Foods store that opened here last week! I'm wanting to see how this turns out for you... talk about a surprise package!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:There is.... see the search box in the area up to the right under the blue bar with Index User List Rules Search My Page Profile, etc?

Works pretty good, too!

9. CheshieChick13

CheshieChick13 Chillin' With My Peeps

There have been a lot of success stories from doing this [​IMG]

10. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I recently bought some eggs from the refrigerator of my local farm shop just to see if they would hatch. All 6 are fertile and doing well I don't usually get 100% fertility with eggs sold for hatching so thats an excellent result. I know ones a Cuckoo Maran but the others are all a surprise. The shop is part of a children's farm park and all the birds are kept in breed specific pens so I know they will be nice birds. They sell chickens with prices starting from £20 and I paid £1.80 for 6 eggs bargain! [​IMG]
    Good luck with your eggs x [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by