hmmm. strange poo

ChaRmy*

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Australia, Bendigo
Ok so i don't think it's a real emergency but my 5 week old chick is only doing sloppy poos so i was wondering if i should change her diet or something to make them better again.

Ok thanks

My experience is that occasional sloppy poo is normal.
Please get a second opinion, I would.

We feed ours a little steamed rice not real soft but a little firm. This will elininate the running poo and the odor associated with store bought feed. If it is runny and white in color this may be a sign she is not feeling well. I would also add a little ACV to her water.

Last edited:
Quote:
Is this good to use, even if the poo isnt runny, to eliminate odor? Ide love to eliminate odor
big_smile.png

Quote:
Is this good to use, even if the poo isnt runny, to eliminate odor? Ide love to eliminate odor
big_smile.png

Yes we feed our adult chickens mainly steamed rice mixed with some of their feed along with DE added to it. They also eat vegetables and they free-range on grass and bugs etc. Our chicks we are feeding medicated feed with some DE and a little steamed rice not to soft, but a little firm and also allowing them access in a tractor for foraging on grass. With the chicks this does help firm up their dropping and reduce the odor of runny poo cause by commercial feed fed to chicks.

Back
Top Bottom