hmmm. YOU guys decide what kind of hens i should get!

Horseychicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 30, 2012
ok im going to get 4 hens. but please make sure the breed is quiet. i wnt all different breeds. im getting a rir for sure, and im thinking a buff orpington, and a plymouth rock. tell me about another city chickens that is a different color. maybe a star? thank you!
D.gif

Where are you located? Climate will play a role in deciding a breed.

Do you prefer large fowl or bantam?

Preferred egg color?

i live in st clair michigan. i really dont care agout eggg clor, but they need to lay often

I've never noticed "quiet"; hens talk, roosters crow, probably more active/nervous birds will be noisier? The hens do announce egg laying times, and alert about danger to them. You can select for less active flyers, helps keep them out of the neighbor's yard. Mary

I have a barnvelder. she's a big ol fat girl who lays pretty good. She's only noisy when she's irritated at my orpington or sumatran. But would recommend a bernvelder, Easter Egger, or perhaps an Australorp? I don't have one of those, but I hear good things. In terms of quite chickens.... I have 7 different chickens, 7 different breeds- and I would have a hard time picking a "quietest" one.

Back
Top Bottom