Ho Hum....9:30am and no call from the PO yet...

My PO also said they have another delivery at 3pm...

I got them home, photographed them, weighed them, made sure they got a drink of water each, and set them in the brooder. They immediately ran over to the feeder and started eating like they've been doing it all their lives.

Here they are in their shipping box:
IMG_3035.jpg

Black Australopr:
IMG_3037.jpg

Plymouth Rock:
IMG_3038.jpg

Red Star:
IMG_3039.jpg

Rhode Island Red:
IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

Enjoy your new little ones. I'm at work and can't view photobucket pics - only ones downloaded to BYC's. I'm sure they're adorable.

My 25 Rainbow shipped yesterday too. Being in the Pacific NW I'm anticipating the call tomorrow. I took tomorrow and Thursday off just in case.

Good luck everyone.

I thought most hatcheries shipped priority mail? That's why the shipping is so inexpensive on chicks, as compared to $35+ for shipping adult birds. Chicks are priority and adults are express? Or does it depend on your order size from them?

MPC called me when they sent my chicks, but that was because they were being sent 2 DAYS after I placed my order, instead of over a week later! They wanted to give me a heads-up on my babies coming
love.gif

Hmmm...I don't know. My PO stated it would be Express Mail (I hadn't told them the number of chicks) and there is an Express Mail sticker on it. Looks like they came from Cleveland - which hatchery would that be?

Quote:
I didn't realize you had a small order, so yes it was probably express, would need to be to keep them warm. I, on the other hand, ordered 25 of the little stinkers, so they had plenty of body heat!

No fair! My asst of rainbow layers were shipped yesterday as well. I ordered them friday so I must have gotten lucky. I haven't heard anything from the PO yet and I am so antsy. Post your pics!

Back
Top Bottom