Ho Hum, Still Waiting

bcmama

Songster
8 Years
Jul 12, 2012
My Coop
My Coop
Still waiting for four of my pullets to start laying at 26 weeks old. The two BR's started laying the end of Nov. and beginning of Dec. but the EE's and silkies are taking their time. Ho hum. They seem to have no interest at all. Do EE's start later? At what age do silkies start to crow if they go that way, the rooster way?

I have a 9 month old silkie hen who still hasn't laid, so it could be awhile till your silkies lay, i think the normal age is about 7 months for silkies though.

My EEs didn't start until about 30-32 weeks. But smile, my banty Cochin is 34 weeks with no interest. At all.
lol.png
Just waiting for more sun I think.
I think my EE's are feeling the same as your Cochin. Just wanting more sun and warm weather.
smile.png

I have a 9 month old silkie hen who still hasn't laid, so it could be awhile till your silkies lay, i think the normal age is about 7 months for silkies though.
So another month or two. Just hoping they stay she's and don't end up being he's. The waiting has to be the hardest. Chicken's are not for those that enjoy instant gratification. LOL

Back
Top Bottom