Hobbies for anxiety?

It's really rather beautiful when you think about it. Thd circle of life and all that. That's how I see it anyway. I'm always thrilled when I see an egg being laid (doesn't happen often). And I don't hatch, but I think it would be really cool to see a chick hatch. ā¤
I am too. šŸ™‚ I've walked in on a couple of my hens and suddenly, PLOP!

As for the chick hatching... I captured this last July (sorry couldn't figure out how to embed videos from Instagram so here is a link):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCododjpfyQ/

I've actually never crocheted, so I can't give a definitive answer XD. But I don't think so? Latch hook is done on a canvas mesh base and you use a specific hooking tool for it, though I think the latch hook tool is like a longer version of a crochet tool? And it's dozens (hundreds...or thousands...) of short threads tied in knots rather than a continuous strand worked on itself. The end result is not something wearable, but you can use it as wall hangings or pillow covers or, if you use the right sort of backing and yarn, little rugs.

Cabochons are pieces that can be used in jewelry. Usually circular or oval, but sometimes you'll see them as squares or rectangles or hearts or freeform. The back is flat, so it can be set into the jewelry, and the top visible side is slightly (or a lot) domed and polished so that they're super shiny. Then can range in size from really tiny (though anything under half an inch in diameter probably requires different equipment to complete) to a couple inches across or more. And you can do almost any type of stone, though anything softer than moonstone/labradorite is hard to work with because they just disintegrate, and as a general rule you don't do anything with a hardness of 9 or more (rubies/sapphires)--you CAN, but it wears out the grinding wheels on the machine really quickly.

You basically take a small piece or flat slab of a stone and use a machine with several wheels attached with different levels of grit fineness. Work from the coarsest, to get the shape you want, to finest, to get the polished look.

Which is probably more than you ever wanted to know about cabbing lol.
I'm fascinated with both of these things now. šŸ¤©

I also have really bad anxiety, try not to tense up, could cut off circulation and make you pass out.
Been there, done that, don't recommend. šŸ™ˆ

heat always helped me, like heated blankets or warm up pillows, music, baking, fidget toys or laying on a cool floor with some sort of animal (ideally dogs).
Sorry if this canā€™t help you, my anxietyā€™s not as bad seeing as I was born with it. It sounds horrible, for the vomiting Iā€™d say try taking Gripe Water, itā€™s all natural and really helps upset stomachs, hereā€™s the link for it, it works really fast too. And it doesnā€™t taste horrible like other remedies https://www.google.com/shopping/product/6942603928779475578?q=gripe+water+mommy's+bliss&safe=strict&client=safari&hl=en-us&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ALeKk00wPboU38wZjBVtivx64WhnnM5tBw:1624406620403&prds=num:1,of:1,eto:13531648419397469150_0,prmr:1,cs:1
Ginger also helps with nausea. Good to know about the Gripe Water, never heard of it before. šŸ™‚

Pretty bad social anxiety and mild OCD here. I like to bake, watch my chickens, and listen to music when I get really worked up.
Same. I was homeschooled and I'm an only child, so I wasn't around people a lot growing up. I figure that has something to do with social anxiety. I don't know how to handle crowds. I get anxiety bad when we have to leave the house still.

Sadie Radinsky has a great section on decompressing in her book Whole Girl. Lie flat on your back on a bed or something comfy in a quiet room/outside, breathe slowly and deeply, and focus on how parts of your body feel (like head, neck, shoulders, legs, arms, toes, fingers). Relax anything that is tensed.

This really helps me, good luck with your flock!
I may try this. šŸ™‚ Tension always builds in my neck and shoulders.

View attachment 2730699
Some boulder opals I did years ago.

View attachment 2730700
Dendritic opals.

View attachment 2730701

Precious opals.

These were all done free-form, which tends to be how you do opals, in order to get the best 'fire' out of them. The smallest precious opal is probably 3/4" along the long axis, and the largest boulder opal is about 2" long.
Unfortunately I can't find any photos of non-opal cabs I've done...
As someone who collected rocks, I'm super fascinated. My favorite is the second photo, stone on the right. It reminds me of bare tree branches and tall, dead grass against a snowy backdrop. šŸ˜

I don't have a twitch account - can I view without one?
You can view, but not ask questions in chat without an account.
I think I can get the stitches right... eventually... the problem is, my joints are "loose" (not diagnosed or anything but it might be genetic) so when I start going with the crochet, my thumb slips out of joint
:0
or my fingers bend backward and I drop the hook or yarn and lose my place. It's frustrating. šŸ˜… So practicing is difficult. I pretty much gave up knitting for this reason, but most of the time with the crochet, I can at least figure out where I left off, which is nice.
Oh wow!
I wind the yarn around my finger while working, so it's harder to drop. Maybe try that?

What's your favorite thing to cook or bake? šŸ¤©
Oooh, tough one! Hmm. šŸ¤” I really love baking bread and bread products. Recently learned to make scones. Mmmmm, blueberry scones with lemon curd. :drool
And I made hallah bread. My favorite tv cook is Molly Yeh on "Girl Meets Farm," she is so fun and shows you how to make things, with the recipe and everything, not just "some" of this and "a little" of that. Plus she's so cute, charming and funny. Here's my hallah bread from her show:

20210604_171426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom