Hoffman Hatcheries????

Freds

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
Delaware & Virginia
Anyone had any dealings with Hoffman Hatcheris in Pennsylvania?
They are pretty close to me and offer a good selection of Bantams.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

I did, but I am not a good example, he shipped me muscovie ducks regular mail to Louisiana and they arrived several days later (I don't remember 3 1/2 or 4 days). I called asking him about tracking info on the shipment thinking he would have used priority mail or something with tracking, and he didn't. He didn't seem too concerned that they were probably going to die in shipment when he found out the weren't here and got irritated when I asked the post office to help me track them. He was rude to the local postman that was trying to help me locate my birds. I will never again order from that far away without a guarantee they will use some sort of guaranteed first or second day delivery.
I guess he realized there was nothing he could do, so that was the end of his concern. It was just the start of mine.
To make a long story short, they actually lived, but they sure were hungry and thirsty when they finally arrived.

Hoffman is a drop-ship hatchery. They don't have any birds that I know of and they use places like Privett and Ideal for their orders.

Jody

Yup, gotta watch some of those 'so-called' hatcheries out there. We ordered from them once because they are in the same state and our chicks came postmarked from TX. LOL It was good service, but not Hoffman's service IMO. Order from the real hatcheries at the lesser price and take out the middle man.

Jody

I guess I should add to mine that you can go get your chicks in OH if you want but its quite a haul, midway between Cleveland and Columbus right on 71

friends order was 6 weeks later then suppose to be!

feed store ordered from them they waited extra 3 to 4 weeks on some orders!

I got my order on time!

but, 2 chicks died (1 few days later other 2 weeks later)

all the chickens I got from there run & fly all over when they here a noise!!!
I got cochins & americanas (americanas might be that way but I know cochins aren't)

I gave more than 1/2 away! I am waiting for an order from ideal to come around the 29!

Thanks to All for your input. Hoffman will be scratched from my list.
MDBucks.....Only about five miles north of you. Nephew
lives in Elkton. Family rests in cemetary there also.
Thanks again to All for info.

Back
Top Bottom