Hoffman Hatchery, Amazing Customer Service (Not)

greyfields

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Washington State
Quote:
Response:

I’m sorry but we will not ship chicks to WA – problems with postal service to your area.

Someone I know phoned them last week about broilers actually got shouted at by the lady on the other end of the phone for 'wasting her time'.

:|

:thun They need to be contacted by email and told how much damage they are doing to their own company. I'm game if everyone else is? Polite letters only.

DONE ! I sent them an e-mail asking them to rethink their cust. service towards the very people that have helped to keep them in business! I also let them know that I was from Tenn. and I do order birds through the mail at times!

How weird . . . they answered a totally different question from what you asked. Point out you never asked if they would ship to you, and tell them to put their heads on straight, mind their manners, and pay attention to what is being said!

. . . and then ask if they will ship to you.

What a terrible way to treat a potential customer. I'm sure they had no idea how much damage that one incident could do to their company. Each customer should be treated as if the future of the bussiness depended on retaining them.

Well this changes my mind on ordering muscovies from them. thanks for letting me know. I hate buying from rude companies. I try to avoid rude egg sellers on ebay as well. Why support them if they are going to act this way towards others.

I had a good experience ordering twice from Hoffman's. The chicks all lived and arrived when Hoffman's said they would. The hardest part was that though they have a website, we had to mail a check rather than pay with a credit card which was slower. I think they are a small hatchery. Also I bought from them because the chicks wouldn't have to be shipped as far and because I try to "buy local" so as to keep my money in my local economy.

yeah, i spoke to the gentleman of that hatchery. he said he'd been getting alot of calls and i told them that freedom rangers went out of business and that's probably why. he also said no to shipping to texas. said he'd had bad luck. i'm sure he hadn't. he just didn't want to ship that far, lose chicks and have to send more. i can't blame him if he's a small hatchery, so i left it at that.

Quote:
I try to buy local as well. That is why I ordered from the feed store 5 minutes down the street. I know they order the chicks but they told me they order them locally. I was thinking of ordering from Hoffmans because i want Black Australorps so bad, so I sent them an e-mail. It took forever to get a response and it was straight at to the point. I heard that Hoffmans orders their birds from other places though, is that true?

Back
Top Bottom