Hola to my fellow Chicken Lovers

tuesday2000

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 2, 2015
Naples, FL
I'm Christy, living in South Florida. I fell in love with chickens 3 years ago when I got a part time job with a mobile petting zoo. My favorite girl was a d'Uccle named Spot. Over a few months she would lay an egg during a birthday party. I was just screwing around and kept taking them home trying to incubate with an aquarium. One day I bought the styrofoam incubator. At the next petting zoo she laid an egg between my feet, I incubated it and her egg hatched!! So of course she needed friends. I currently have way too many roosters (4 to 4 hens - all Belgian Bantam mixes with feathered feet) who - knock on wood - are behaving. I would love to get into actually making a shed-type coop, but I can barely tie my shoes - still dreaming about it. I'm a full time professional pet sitter and am around animals 24/7.

I'm Christy, living in South Florida. I fell in love with chickens 3 years ago when I got a part time job with a mobile petting zoo. My favorite girl was a d'Uccle named Spot. Over a few months she would lay an egg during a birthday party. I was just screwing around and kept taking them home trying to incubate with an aquarium. One day I bought the styrofoam incubator. At the next petting zoo she laid an egg between my feet, I incubated it and her egg hatched!! So of course she needed friends. I currently have way too many roosters (4 to 4 hens - all Belgian Bantam mixes with feathered feet) who - knock on wood - are behaving. I would love to get into actually making a shed-type coop, but I can barely tie my shoes - still dreaming about it. I'm a full time professional pet sitter and am around animals 24/7.

Darn there Christy Welcome to Backyard Chickens trade for one of your customers to build you a shed for them

Welcome Christy. Making a coop is within your grasp. All you need is a few power tools and the assistance of someone who has just a little bit of building skill. I also suggest that you check out this little book:

61EoH20HyqL._SX381_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom