Holland Mini Lop Babies & Lionhead Lop babies page 5

Went out to feed this morning, and my lionhead is making her nest....but.....its not in her nest box!!! I have her nest box in, with hay in it, but she is making her nest beside the box. This is her first litter, so hopefully all will go well. I put a piece of plywood down beside her box, on the wire, and then a piece of cardboard for warmth just in case she has the babies there. ( which i am sure she will because she went back to nest making once that was done). I dont want to bother her a whole lot, so just took precautions just in case thats where they are born. It is in a covered hutch and I have hay on the wire just in case. I caught a few pictures of her while I was out there.. I probably should have removed the hay and left it at that, but I dont want her to have them on the wire, at least this way they will have a warm place.

She is due the 11th

28s0zz8.jpg

nzltp4.jpg

r2m3kn.jpg

Thanks. Yes, I am going to just let her do her thing.. MAYBE she will go to the nest box, who knows. I hope she has a nice litter and is a good mom. I will post pictures, if all goes well.
smile.png

just wanted to post a new picture of my bunnies....

She lost all of her first litter, first time mom plus the cold weather at the time.... BUT, she has a beautiful litter of 5 kits right now.
smile.png

Here she is and her babies:
uo5tc.jpg

smile.png
THANK YOU
smile.png

I am sooooo excited to see them when they get their eyes open and up and moving around. I love bunnies!!!!!!! I will post weekly pictures on my website if anyone wants to see what they look like later on
smile.png

lol... you got it!!
smile.png

I take LOTS of pictures of my animals, so look for weekly pictures. I will try to post them on Fridays each week. The ones that I have pictured here were taken this morning. They change so much in just a short time, so I dont want to miss a thing...lol.

Back
Top Bottom