Holly, Lisa's and Lexa's Silkie Hatching Egg Countdown

Holly, when you get your eggs, I want to start another batch with you. I'm sure Lisa would want to also. All three of us had horrible luck this time around, this was only my second hatch. I had better luck this time (First batch was 4 live out of 75, This time I had 18 hatch and 14 live out of 75) This is still not good enough though. Maybe Miss Prissy can help us all out?

Holly's eggs are in the mail.
big_smile.png
Should be there by Monday.

Quote:
goodness gracious!!!!! wow!!!! thats awesome!

i cant wait for mine to hatch, i have some hatching for the next 3 weeks.
smile.png
Between the two bators and the 2 broodys!

I want to see pics missprissy!

Ok sounds good, I can't wait to get the eggs! I have a batch of duck eggs coming Monday so I will be setting those Tues. and Miss P's the day after they get here!
smile.png
I can't wait!!!

EDIT: I had to buy another incubator so I could fit all my eggs in it! I didn't expect to be noiminated for eggs so I have extras coming now!
smile.png
YAY eggs!!!

Last edited:
Ok Miss P, I set up the bator and let it run, I now have an accurite thermo/hydro and it says 101 and 59%... However there is no water in the bator, the spare room the bator is in stays about 80' and we never run the a/c so could that humidity be right?! I start to sweat as soon as I walk in the room so I know it's humid lol Do you think I should leave it alone or add water to see if it spikes??? I live in a hot humid climate and it stays 88 day, 77 night with the humidity about 80-100% daily outside year round...

Don't add any water since the natural humidity is high right now. Wait until you put the eggs in and see how it rises or falls after 4 hours when the eggs come up to temp.

If the temp is 101 in the bator where the fan is you need to turn it down. Its a tad too hot. Aim for 99.5 - 100.5 and try not to get too close to 101. 1 degree can speed the incubating up and that's not good.

If the 101 temp is in the still air bator make sure that is not the temp reading from the floor of the bator. If it is the floor reading the tops of the eggs will be 103 or more and that is too hot and will most likely kill any developing embryo.

Quote:
Ok, it's in the still air and at the top of where the eggs will be it's reading 100 even, the humidity is still 59% w/o any change for the last 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom