Holly, Lisa's and Lexa's Silkie Hatching Egg Countdown

Quote:
You should be due around the 18th, that means you should stop turning around the 15th... Goos luck!!!

Quote:
They would be due to hatch on or around the 18th. Due to temp I give or take a couple days. I believe each eggs pretty much comes out when ready, but 21 days would be the 18th.

As for rolling or turning? I do so up until they pip the shell. I have not had a problem but that is to each their own.

OK Update! When I put my eggs in and gathered them, I didn't have a pencil so I didn't write which ones were which. So now, I'm trying to remember which ones were silkies
smile.png
I candled 6 last night, 1 I thought was clear, but I think it's really just developing slow. I had veining in the 5 others. I didn't want to candle all of them just yet, because I do have over 75 eggs going right now.

Quote:
Oh wow 75 eggs, I would be going nuts lol I wish I could get my hands on 75 eggs!!! What day are your babies due again?

ive got 30 developing, lost 12 due to a temp spike.....

but i do have a duck egg laid on 3/11 that is DEVELOPING! Ive kept it in my fridge ever since it was laid!

Congrats to everyone and ALL those eggs. It seems we are all learning and doing well.

I BOUGHT TO BABY AFRICAN GEESE FROMTHE COOP YESTERDAY.
he.gif
:he NO MORE BIRDS.

By the way, I was just wondering about ducks eggs and if they were better at withstanding the cold. I found mine outside hidden and then the goose egg on the island that seemed cold and all are developing fine in the incubator and due at the end of the month.

As for my chicken eggs, I started with 32 and have only lost 5 (one I accidently dropped and it cracked). I do have a cracked one that is developing all of these are do between the 10 and the 13th.

My shipped egg, Blue Andalusians) I only have 5 out of 12 that seem to be developing well. I think the shipping does something to them, but I would be happy with 5. They are due the 18th, so I will find out.

Quote:
Oh wow 75 eggs, I would be going nuts lol I wish I could get my hands on 75 eggs!!! What day are your babies due again?

I think a day after yours. Maybe 2 days. I started them the 31st.

Ok so I did a candleing on the ones in the Brinsea, and I had a LOT of clear ones. These I think are the Buff Orpingtons because he mentioned he didn't trim the vents so he was worried about fertility. Good thing they were free
tongue.png

Also I have a clear silkie egg. Either I don't know what a bullseye looks like, or it's hit or miss with when her eggs are fertile. I think I had 2 quitters and 2 blood rings, but I always worry so I marked them all to know which ones were bad, and put those back into the Hovabator for a couple more days. With these dark brown shells, I'm nervous that I"m not seeing it correctly. But I think I'm down about 20 right now so about 55 still. I still haven't made it through all of them.

I candled yesterday and I saw 2 that didn't had blood vessels but there was a chick in there so I cracked them and there was a chick but dead =[ So now I candled today and its very dark and I can't tell wether the chick is dead or it didn't develop or anything!
barnie.gif
what do I do? should I crack it? or leave it there? today is day 12

Quote:
It gets very dark and full around day 14 so you might be ahead of schedule. I would leave them alone at that stage of the game. Did you candle at day 7? it would be obvious then and they aren't too big to see into.

Back
Top Bottom