Holocaust Museum shooting ^update^ she wasn't there :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TriciaHowe, Jun 10, 2009.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Songster

Aw, you must have been horrified. I hope your daughter is not too traumatized by this experience. This guy was some kind of nutcase with years of incidents that should have led officials to see something like this was coming.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Your daughter has learned firsthand why it is so important to recognize and remember things like the Holocaust...there is still so much bigotry and hate in our world. [​IMG]

I'm glad that she and her friends are safe!

3. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    As a mother, that totally gave me goosebumps.
    I cannot Imagine how you are feeling about that adorable little girl!!

I would be going NUTS!

Thank God she and her friends are ok!!!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
  5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    thank God they are okay! [​IMG]

6. gaberdeen

gaberdeen Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Byram, NJ
    So glad your child is ok. A co-worker of my wifes daughter was there today also. I can't begin to imagine the panic I would feel as a parent not knowing if my child was safe. The state of this world makes me want more and more to isolate. Sad isn't it.

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Thanks all of you for your kind words. I haven't heard from her yet tonight but expect to be soon. I am sad for the family of the officer that was killed but so thankful that he did his job. He very well could have saved many, many lives today because of this deranged individual. He is a hero in my eyes....as well as the officer that did shoot and bring the man down.
    I don't know how much my dd saw or heard. I hope not much. She is pretty sensitive but very level headed. She is with a lot of people that have known her since she was 5 yrs old so she has people there to talk to if needed. Her group leader is one of her best friends mother and another leader is her girlscout leader for the past 5 yrs that she just loves. I will let everyone know how it goes when I talk to her later this evening [​IMG]

8. chickachickadoo

chickachickadoo Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Thank goodness she is all right! And what thoughtful chaperones that they let you know before you heard about it on the news and panicked.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thank God you DD and her friends are doing OK! Sometimes you just don't know when one will flip his lid. [​IMG]

10. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Songster

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    Thank goodness the children are okay ! I just looked it up cause Ive havent heard anything about it.

Seems a An 88-year-old gunman with a virulently anti-Semitic past finally cracked and got suicide by cop, but of course sadly not before he took the life of a security guard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: