Holy cow! Keet hatched early! Do I increase humidity and temp?

Bicoastal

Songster
Dec 14, 2020
Central VA
One keet has hatched early. Do I increase the temp and humidity and remove the egg turner?? I thought we had another week to go!

Temp is 99.5. Humidity is 50%. I haven’t done lockdown yet.

Keeping humidity within the 50%-70% range is acceptable for lockdown. Temperature stays the same. Do you have separate calibrated hygrometers and thermometers? Or are you using the incubators built in one?
What day are they on? Did they start incubating before you put them in the 'bator?

I looked again. I was wrong! April 29!

Do I leave it in the incubator and remove the egg turner? It is up, dry, and active. I’ve prepped the brooder but I’m worried about survivability with it being solo.
Yes, remove the turner. What model incubator are you using? They don't need to eat or drink the first 3 days, so if there's enough space for the keet to not mess with the other eggs, he can stay for a little while. His chirping will help encourage the others to hatch. Once a second has hatched and fluffed up they can be transported to the brooder.

Yes, remove the turner. What model incubator are you using? They don't need to eat or drink the first 3 days, so if there's enough space for the keet to not mess with the other eggs, he can stay for a little while. His chirping will help encourage the others to hatch. Once a second has hatched and fluffed up they can be transported to the brooder.
Thank you so much, Silverbirds!!

I am increasing humidity. Will remove the egg turner and broken shell. Will turn off the brooder plate for now.

This is so exciting!!! (First timer, in case that wasn’t obvious given my mistake 😳)

Back
Top Bottom