Holy Crap!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jul 19, 2011.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I knew chicken poo was good to put on the garden, but I didn't know it was this good! We dumped a load on last fall and tilled it in this spring. The garden is growing like I've NEVER seen it before, and we actually put it in late! Our squash and tomato plants are easily twice the size of the neighbors and he put his in on time. If your garden is a little slow, stick some chicken poo in there this fall. Amazing!

2. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Good to know, I am looking forward to using our poo fertilizer this fall, hope our garden does as well as yours.

3. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Nice!

4. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    This is kinda funny- We have a very large garden, and when I clean the coops, I use the tractor, Wheel barrel, whatever the amount of manure that I am scooping out of the coops. I dump them randomly in the garden in the fall/ winter/ early spring, and till it in, and by early summer, you can see where I had dumped the manure, by the height of the veggies and the weeds compare where I did not put any manure. [​IMG]

5. FrizzlesRule

FrizzlesRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    Chicken poo is great for the garden. I use it all the time and it's free.[​IMG]

6. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    With your title I thought it was another one of those Jesus sightings. You know how people see him on doors and crackers and clouds and stuff.

7. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Got to becareful though... it's very high in nitrogen so it can "burn" your garden... For best results let it mature a year... or make compost tea with it

8. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I put up temporary fencing in parts of the garden that aren't planted that year and turn the chickens out in that section. They eat weeds, scratch around, and fertilize. DH loves how the garden grows in those sections the next year...

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I used chicken poo mulch in my front yard garden bed.Looks nice and the flowers are doing well.Threw in a couple veggie plants too! I started planting in my old compost area.Got some cucumbers from Syria,and some chia,amaranth,and shi-something(medicinal flowers). I hate the pooing all over the yard,but the planned spreading is nice.
    [​IMG]

10. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just went out and counted the yellow squash.... Oh boy... Can you freeze it?(I hope... [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by