Holy egg!

You never know. You will probably get some funky eggs as time go by. When my birds first start to lay I get more double yolks. I have a bird that tends to lay double yolkers quite often and one bird no matter what will lay a thin egg shell even though they get plenty of free choice oyster shells for the calcium. Just an oddity. I had a Brown Leghorn that was consistently laying fart eggs on a daily basis. She did eventually start laying normal again. Good luck and have fun...
View attachment 2749834
I thought mine was large but I've been beat. Lol

I've had some jumbo eggs too, biggest eggs came from my first Flock, Golden Comets.
20170708_111503.jpg

3.55 oz/101 grams.
I also had small eggs. 20200401_102104_resized.jpg
A 4 grams and a 9 grams. The 4 grams from a Golden Comet, the 9 grams from a Barred Rock. GC

You never know. You will probably get some funky eggs as time go by. When my birds first start to lay I get more double yolks. I have a bird that tends to lay double yolkers quite often and one bird no matter what will lay a thin egg shell even though they get plenty of free choice oyster shells for the calcium. Just an oddity. I had a Brown Leghorn that was consistently laying fart eggs on a daily basis. She did eventually start laying normal again. Good luck and have fun...
View attachment 2749834
I have one that lays the little fart or fairie eggs pretty often, I say that when she does that she's taking a half day off from work.

Back
Top Bottom