Holy o Hawk!!

My Great Pyrenees do not drool but my Pyrenees /Anatolian shepherd cross does when he gets excited

My sister, in Montana, has two Anatolian Shepherds and you would think with that dainty pretty face her female has that she wouldn't drool. My daughter's Alaskan Malamute doesn't and she's certainly not dainty. But we figured out that her Anatolian has these jowl pockets toward the back of her mouth that holds it til they overflow! Gross really lol! When looking for a dog for my daughter 3 years ago I almost got a boxer..they love kids. But some drool and some don't....I didn't want to take that chance lol!
Then there's my sister that lives about an hour from me..she has two St. Bernards....god bless her.....I couldn't do it!

This is my Anatolian cross he does have some big ol lips that hang.

This is one of my Great Pyrenees she is more tight lipped never see her drool northe others

. The other day I freaked out when I found my 20# "varmint proof" feeder turned upside down on the far end of the pen and empty! I thought, "who the heck could hv done this??!!". The next day I came out to find one of our horses (my hubby turned her out in the clean back yard cuz she is recovering from a abscess in her hoof) standing in the coop pen leisurely eating all the chix feed! We open the door every morn to let the girls free-range and she just put her head down and squeezed in! I went in to shoo her out and she just very delicately turned around and left. I had a piece of chain and 2 snaps and cut a 18" piece of 3/4" PVC, threaded it thru and hooked it on the open gate. Chix are free to come and go and it keeps Devon out!

. The other day I freaked out when I found my 20# "varmint proof" feeder turned upside down on the far end of the pen and empty! I thought, "who the heck could hv done this??!!". The next day I came out to find one of our horses (my hubby turned her out in the clean back yard cuz she is recovering from a abscess in her hoof) standing in the coop pen leisurely eating all the chix feed! We open the door every morn to let the girls free-range and she just put her head down and squeezed in! I went in to shoo her out and she just very delicately turned around and left. I had a piece of chain and 2 snaps and cut a 18" piece of 3/4" PVC, threaded it thru and hooked it on the open gate. Chix are free to come and go and it keeps Devon out!

That's just too funny!!

starkasm, i made a post about frazier farms and someone replied. my neice posted pics of the tolbunt on facebook and im trying to get them over here on that post. i think i need to go to some classes about computer

I go outside last night to let my almost 10wk old puppy out to go and say to my hubby, did you hear that!
And up the tree goes a raccoon! Right in my front yard!! What the heck is the attraction with my front yard lately!! I had brought the Belgian in less than an hour before. I swear the little bugger was waiting and watching!

Sometimes you hear something under the stairs and I suspect it's a skunk or raccoon getting any eggs a chicken may have left there.
I've read horrible things on here about what raccoons have done but oddly have never had a lot of problems with them. I think my free range chickens leave them enough eggs here and there!
Bribery so they don't eat them!
Our issues are usually a young, come here in broad daylight, spring fox. A horrible weasel last winter and well recently that mean hawk!
I just hope this newly sighted raccoon is happy with just the eggs!

i have problems with the same critters, i used to trap the coons because they reached through the chicken wire and tore them in small pieces to get the meat out.then i realized it was my fault for having bad wire to begin with so i changed it all and stopped trapping. and what 10 week old pup? the same kind? lions and tigers and bears oh my !

Back
Top Bottom