Holy Windy Batman!

They are a bit riled up, but fine otherwise. How has your Savannah coop held up- you said it was top heavy in another post- I hope it hasn't toppled over.

Quote:
Actually it has held up pretty well. It had a huge load of snow build up over the past week and it held the weight just fine. And the wind didn't bother it either, it seems. I think because it is sitting in the shadow of our bigger coop, it was shielded from the heavy gusts. Plus, I did have all of the shutters locked shut and I did install a plexiglass window pane in the front door window well in the fall. I also went around the cracks along the top of the walls and the roof and filled it in with Great Stuff in hopes of cutting out any drafts. It still has plenty of ventilation though.

Hey, all Ya'll up there in the North. Ya'll hold on tight. It sounds like mother nature is trying to blow you all out to sea!

sad.png

I hope everyone stays safe.

Litewings

I am also in WNY and my crazy chicks have been in and out of the coop all day! I've been watching to make sure that nothing blows onto the top of the run - so far they are having a great windy adventure.

All Y'all (plural for y'all) make this Texan feel very lucky with the weather down here. I made 8 2 week old chicks my wife's Christmas present (she'll just have to forgive us all)and I've only needed a 150 watt brooder lamp to keep them cozy in the garage. We have had winds that tested the windmill and I'm proud to say it works just dandy. Hope you can all keep your peeps safe through the winter.

Beau coop - Did you make it through last night? Sounds like the wind was dying down before evening - did it keep on dropping? How are the garage chickens?

Let's see photos of your careened coop and give us the damage assessment. I'm thinking about you!

Back
Top Bottom