Holy Windy Batman!

Beau coop

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
WNY
We are having 60-75 mph wind gusts here in Western New York. Chicken coop blew over- all chickens are now in the garage. The creek down the road is overflowing its banks. The newly built house across thew street is losing its roof. We are safe and toasty in the house though! How is everyone else making out?

I hope the winds die down before it gets to your farm Englishchick! Stuff is blowing all over the place here! I'm afraid to let the dogs out for fear they will blow away as they are only 5 and 9 pounds!

We lost power due to high winds and ice. Lost one of our chickens.
sad.png
Just posted about it in another thread. We had gusts of up to 65 mph here.

My friend just called to say the fence blew away from the front of her house. I hope noone gets hurt out there. Power is out to thousands around here. Ours flickers but comes back on so far. Could be a family campout in front of the fireplace with flashlights tonight. Could be fun!

NNoooooo...
I'm starting to see the winds pick up here East of Lake Ontario. No rain or ice today, but we knew the wind was coming. My chickens are out free ranging. they can go in if they choose. I live in the forest and worry about the trees coming down after getting so much rain yesterday. Better get the generator gassed up.

Speaking of which..big pot of xmas ham and bean soup on the stove...

Quote:
Cass,

I am sorry to hear about bird. I hope you sand your family are safe.

BRB I fell compelled now to go check on my "garage chickens" to make sure they are alright.

Quote:
Cass,

I am sorry to hear about bird. I hope you sand your family are safe.

BRB I fell compelled now to go check on my "garage chickens" to make sure they are alright.

We're all OK, thankfully. I hope your garage chickies are all right!

Back
Top Bottom