Home and Barn Basics.com? **UPDATE**

FaithAnn

Songster
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
Has anyone purchased things from this web site? I ordered an incubator and a turner about a week ago. I had questions regarding shipping and have been trying to contact them. The number listed on the web site is no longer good. The alternate number given when you call the number from the website just gives you a fax machine tone. I have emailed several times with no response. I ordered the incubator about a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet
sad.png

Has anyone else dealt with this company? Have you had similar problems, and more importantly, does anyone have a way to contact them?

Well, I ordered the incubator on June 3d. I never heard from them so I canceled the order on June 12th. I tried to call and cancel, that didn't work so I sent an email. Well, here we are on June 26, over three weeks after I originally ordered and over two weeks after I sent an email to cancel the order, and I received an email stating that my order would ship within 4-7 days. I also received an email from Anthony apologizing by saying that the manufacturer was backed up and they had been on back order all this time. I find that interesting since I ordered one from Cutler Supply on June 12th and it was shipped the same day. I have had eggs in it for over 10 days now. I sent another email - since the phone numbers don't work - telling them AGAIN that I canceled the order. Sadly, I have a feeling this isn't over.
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Unfortunately, I was right. They charged my credit card AND STILL HAVE NOT SHIPPED THE ORDER!! I have already disputed the charge on my credit card....this will get taken care of...just a pain in the %$&*

They sent me an email the other day and said they had canceled the order. They also refunded my credit card, so everything is ok.

Last edited:
I am trying not to freak out too much yet since it has only been a week. I think the inability to get in touch with them is what is bothering me the most. I ordered with a credit card, but thankfully they have not charged the card yet. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I will call the credit card company and keep the charge from going through and just order from somewhere else.

I gave up on them...called Cutler Supply and they are sending me one today! Credit card company said they could dispute the charge from homeandbarnbasics.com if they tried to charge the card.

I ordered an incubator from them, and it did not come and did not come, and finally I canceled the order.

Then I ordered one from Ebay. It came in three days.

Then the one from Home and Barn Basics DID come--two days later--and I sent it right back. I am not sure if they have credited my card or not yet.

I was very unhappy over the whole thing.

Had I KNOWN theirs was coming of course I would not have ordered another one, but I had eggs coming too, and I could never reach them.

Catherine

I bought an incubator from them. I had a wonderful experience! I was contacted daily by them. Hmm, wonder what happened. The price was unbelievable, and he shipped it that same day. I got it in three days!! It works great! I love it.

I got one of my incubators from them without any problems, BUT there have been a lot of issues with them since then.

I haven't paid any attention so I don't know if they still are, but they were a sponser on here.

Because of their low price and the BYC 5% discount I bought my 1588 from them about 1 month ago. Same thing! No contact, no response from emails, but I DID get my incubator, about 1 1/2 weeks later. I got an email when they shipped. For me, the money is tight, so the price was worth the wait and lack of contact.

I bought an incubator from back in December. It came right away. I have seen where other people have had troubles with them.

I placed an order with them as well. They billed me right away, but 6 weeks later i was forced to file fraud charges with the credit card company against this company. I emailed them several times, first trying to cancel the order, then a couple more times to warn them that i felt i had no other choice other than to file charges. I never once got a reply. This all took place AFTER they posted here on BYC explaining how they had issues, but corrected them and were back on track ready to serve. They apologized for all the people they hurt, but they are still doing it. Its so sad that they can keep doing this to people. I hope everyone can get things straightened out with their credit card people like i did. Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom