Home and Barn Basics.com? **UPDATE**

Quote:
Don't see how BYC could do that -- presumably H&BB paid for the advertising.

I would imagine they did, but refuse to renew their ad the next time payment is due. I don't know how those payments are handled, but if they aren't living up to their end of the deal I would think there should be some sort of option to remove them.

Hi everyone, thanks for the posts.

BYC does what they can to get quality sponsors. We'll try to get in touch with the owner of the company and if they don't resolve the issues we'll remove them as sponsors of BYC.

Harley's girl :

I bought an incubator from them. I had a wonderful experience! I was contacted daily by them. Hmm, wonder what happened. The price was unbelievable, and he shipped it that same day. I got it in three days!! It works great! I love it.

Why kind did you get?

Catherine​

I ordered a 1588 from them a while back. Same deal, I ordered and then got an order confirmation and then nothing. I finally emailed the order confirmation email back and asked for a customer service number. They sent it. When I called I talked to a really nice lady who basically couldn't help. I had assumed that the incubator would ship out in a few days. I had eggs on the counter ready to go in and needed to know when it was coming. Turns out that the 1588s are backordered at the factory and it was going to be a month or better before it got here. I cancelled the order and bought a 1602 at the local co-op.

They were nice people. They just didn't have a great system in place for communicating with clients. When I finally break down and buy a 1588 I likely won't buy from them.

I gave up and called Cutler Supply...they shipped me an incubator and egg turner the same day I ordered. They have answered the phone each time I have called and have been VERY helpful. I will continue to do business with them from here on out.

www.cutlersupply.com

Last edited:
Wow, wish I had seen this post about Home & Barn Basics before I ordered the 1588 hovabator 3 weeks ago. It still has not arrived yet my card has been charged. No working phone just some admin email address in which no one responds. Too bad, I ordered my first incub from them 3 years ago....

All this is news to me....

I bought a Genesis 1588 and egg turner last October I believe it was. Well mine was great till April when the heating element melted together and spiked the temperature ruining all the precious eggs I had. The fan also quit, which was what originally drew my attention to a problem. They told me to ship it back and it would be replaced under warantee.

I got an email from Anthony (Tony) on there that it was received and forwarded to GQF and I would receive a replacement the beginning of the next week. This was stated on May 12th.

Here it is June 19th and I've not received word of anything, no incubator, nothing. I've emailed them asking for an update. Nothing, emailed and asked for a refund since its going no where. Nothing. I'm very unhappy and very irritated with the change in their service. I had a perfect experience with them when I bought the bator and turner, then when we had the problem its been a big headache.

So until a resolution is done... I'm still waiting...

Back
Top Bottom