Home Feeding Ideas and Solutions Discussion Thread

You are moving to Mass or NOT moving to Mass?
lau.gif
I will be. YOU COULDN'T HAVE WARNED ME EARLIER???!!!
he.gif

Have you tried your acorn bread yet? How did it go? Was it well received? Wanna share the recipe? I have zero trees here, let alone oaks but I have a brother in law with several of the live oak trees in his yard.

No I never did. I ended up sprouting oats and wheat instead. I do feed them ground up acorns from time to time and they eat it all.

No sure I want anything from these local waters-- all mills for hundreds of years along the major rivers here, which means lots of heavy metals and signs warning " do not eat the fish." Will see if some ponds are safer than others.
Don't take duckweed from ponds that you don't know are safe. Duckweed is used for bio-remediation projects because it takes up heavy metals and other contaminates.
Luv your avatar-- blue footed boobies are rather unique! THose BLUE feet! Thanks for the warning on collecting from the wild-- how else do I find duckweed. ANyone willing to ship me a box of it before the summer heat will kill it in shipment?
$10 on ebay, w free shipping. My mom's pond had it and she just had it killed today...:(

Last edited:
Quote: Luv your avatar-- blue footed boobies are rather unique! THose BLUE feet!

Thanks for the warning on collecting from the wild-- how else do I find duckweed. ANyone willing to ship me a box of it before the summer heat will kill it in shipment?

$10 on ebay, w free shipping. My mom's pond had it and she just had it killed today...
sad.png

Really?? You could have made some money on that greed weed!!

Back
Top Bottom