home made brooder ? any plans

my homemade brooder is 4X3X2 with a 36X24" Plexiglas window to look into and two brooder lamps in it concealed. My brooder is in the garage so it is like this to protect against drafts.

All i did was this.... bought 2 storage bins at walmart for $7 each and cut a hole in the tops and put chicken wire that i already had on top of the holes and tighten down with zip ties and 2 heat lamps

5429_2008_0825brooder0003.jpg

5429_2008_0825brooder0001.jpg

5429_2008_0825brooder0002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
some people don't have tops on them but i do that's why i have the BIG hole in the top with the chicken wire because as the chickens get older they like to hop and stretch there wings and sometimes will hope right out the brooder

Quote:
some people don't have tops on them but i do that's why i have the BIG hole in the top with the chicken wire because as the chickens get older they like to hop and stretch there wings and sometimes will hope right out the brooder

your brooder how many would you suggest would fit in there?

about 15 chicks can fit in each one but when they hit about 4 weeks old then you have to move them to a bigger brooder

ok i see im not sure wha tim going to do for all my chicks lol im not sure how many im gonna have hatch but i got 44 in the bator right now

heres what i did for my first 2 chicks i used a 20 gallon fish tank with a heat light clamped onto the side it worked fine till they were ready for outside

I will have to have a lid on mine if my duck eggs hatch. Otherwise the brooder would just become a cat food container
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom