Homemade bator " try'n it out !!!!"

Robert, your doing an excellent job on your temp & humidity. And yes please post any updates.I'd love to see the end results.of your project incubator. My first time incubating I didn't know but 2 of my eggs were duds but the only fertile 1 hatched.So all in all I had a great hatch and it ended up to be a Jersey Giant. I didn't know what I was dong except what I was reading from the forum here and youtube. So keep up the good work and your gonna have what you want little PEEPS. Do you have an automatic turner? Cause with me I kept forgetting if I had turned the eggs or not, But now with the automatic turner in place all I do is add water when humidity gets low. But I have a tube inserted into the dish that I keep the sponge in.
thumbsup.gif
I got close to 70 chickens outside and 25 in brooder and 4 in incubator.And only 2 are laying right now. The 1s that are laying I had sold to a guy living a block away and he took them home in a box and the next morning I had both chickens on top of my fence when I went outside to feed the others. Now who says a chicken isn't smart enough to know where home is?
lol.png

Last edited:
pop.gif
here you all go, some pics of the incubator all done now. Did some up-grades still need a turner motor though, really don't know what to get. (??????)

these are in the making pics

68116_incubator_2.jpg

68116_incubator_3.jpg

68116_incubator_1.jpg

68116_incubator_5.jpg

68116_incubator_9.jpg

68116_incubator_10.jpg

68116_incubator_4.jpg

these are the done deal, had to do the water feed different, and it's work'n great
big_smile.png

68116_incubator_12.jpg

68116_incubator_11.jpg

68116_incubator_13.jpg

The wife is sure glad I'm done build'n it cause I was get'n pretty PO'd at times.
Just so everyone knows, the cooler is a coleman not sure the model, it was my bother-in-laws that he used while driving a big rig. The fan was already there only thing that was wrong with it was the cool'n & heat'n part quit. Lucky me.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I was just sitting here looking at the pics and wondering why you didn't use the original thermoelectric heater that was built into the cooler. My very first incubator was one that I threw together and used a functional thermoelectric cooler. After a couple good hatches and going through 2 - 12v power supplies, I decided to build something better. Nice and clean job on yours.

Quote:
I was just sitting here looking at the pics and wondering why you didn't use the original thermoelectric heater that was built into the cooler. My very first incubator was one that I threw together and used a functional thermoelectric cooler. After a couple good hatches and going through 2 - 12v power supplies, I decided to build something better. Nice and clean job on yours.

hit.gif
The theroeletric heater wasn't work'n, which is why he was throw'n it away.
roll.png
Cause I did think of that, but it's still nice to have a built in fan, yep yep.
smile.png

Robert you have done a great job on building your bator. Only things I would of done different is (1) put light source at top of bator (2) is put mesh wire on bottom (3) use a wafer thermostat cause they are more reliable. Just my opion. Other than that you have done an excellent job.
thumbsup.gif
you really don't need the wiggler.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom