Homemade bator " try'n it out !!!!"

Cmom mine are too. put 6 eggs in incubator and got 4 to hatch. put 2 more in 2 days later but don't know what I'll get out of them.Hopefully the 2 I put in 2 days later will hatch. Who knows with the heat the way it has been climbing. I think I should stop incubating till I get some of these chickens sold. I got way to many to keep up with.Only 2 are laying when the heat calms down. The rest of them are 3 months old.

Last edited:
quintinp.. I'm getting a soda display cooler that has a glass door so I won't have to build 1. Only $50 next week. If the guy will hold it for me. He said he would but these days you can't take anyone for their word anymore. I'm old school, Your word is your bond.

Quote:
Sounds really awesome. Like I said in a different thread that if you do make a fridge-bator, you want to get a wafer thermostat. I think you already have a wafer thermostat incubator right now though. Don't you?

Here is a picture of the fridge and he says it works great.
95473_glass_door_fridge.jpg
celebrate.gif
Which means I'll have alot of these
jumpy.gif
if the heat here would calm down cause it's been getting in the triple digits with heat index. And if power was to go out for any reason I have a battery backup for it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Awesome, the chicks will hatch and see there home, and think "OH Lord I am in a Sandwich cooler." "I don't wanna die." TOO CORNY? LOL ............................ So what are you using for the heat source?

Think I'll use 2 100 watt light bulbs and the fan is up top and works. To bad chicks won't hatch in cold, then all I would have to do is plug it in.
lol.png
Atleast I have agood place to sell them all at the feed store next door.

Last edited:
Yeah, that stinks that you have to do that to a perfectly good cooler, mine was completely broken, but it will be cool when they hatch, you will see everything through those glass doors.

Back
Top Bottom