Homemade caesar dressing

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by flowerchild59, Dec 20, 2010.

1. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I had a hankering for homemade caesar dressing the other day and made it in my blender. It was pretty good I must say. My DH loved it and requests it again.

1 large egg
    2 lg. or 3 sm. garlic cloves
    1/2 c. oil (vegetable or olive) I like a mixture.
    1/4 c. wine vinegar
    4 heaping tbsp. grated cheese such as parmesan
    Juice of 1/2 lg. lemon
    1 tsp of worchestershire sauce.......optional, i didn't use and i couldn't tell it affected the recipe
    4-5 anchovies or several tsps of anchovy paste. I start with two or three anchovies and taste. I don't want it too fishy. I think the ones in the glass jars are better quality and you can store it in frige after opening.
    Salt and pepper to taste.....i like lots of pepper.
    Croutons are optional too, I live to toss them with a little dressing and add shredded or shaved parmesan on top of the salad.

1 In blender add egg, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
    2 Blend on low until combined.
    3 Remove top and with blender on, on lowest speed, gradually add oil in thin stream until thick and creamy.
    4 Pour into jar, cover and refrigerate 1 hours or up to 5 days. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.

Serves 4-8 as a salad dressing and it makes a great dip too.

2. ImStillMags

ImStillMags Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Quote:Thank you for posting this, It looks yummy and I LOVE Caesar Dressing.

3. tripleerancher

tripleerancher New Egg

Dec 26, 2010
    This recipe sounds really yummy! I love caesar salads but have never made the homemade dressing. Will give it a try. Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by