Homemade Cooler/Fridge-a-Bator Hatcher Instructions/Diagram

Quote:
Jigsaw, but be ready for a mess with styrofoam flying everywhere, LOL. That stuff sticks to everything!

Have your "desginated other" hold the SHOPVAC hose close so it sucks it right in! Saves the mess!
wink.png

I am stealing some of your ideas... just thought you would like to know. The fan in the corner is a great cost/time saving step, so you don't have to deal with standoffs. The night light is the greatest though, that is definately going in mine!!
big_smile.png

Woo! I have one of these little fridges!! I forsee me attempting to make one of these in the near future. Question though... what tool did you use to cut the hole out of the door? ** Edited to see the answer at the top of this page!
smile.png
Nevermind!

Last edited:
As long as the electric cord works or you can install a new one, that's fine. The compressor in ours didn't work anymore and you dont need it, so it was perfect for this project. We first did it upright, but couldn't regulate the temp well with that two story design for some reason, so DH turned it on it's back and it's my best bator.
We cut the door with a jigsaw after drilling holes in each corner of the window to get the saw into. The window is a double pane of plexiglass with a big airspace and it's less prone to fogging that way. .

Starting to really work on mine. Have some eggs someone dropped off tonight that I am letting warm up to room temperature for about 24 hours, and hope to have my little fridge-a-bator functioning before then!

My only glitches: I have to use existing electrical supplies because I cannot wire stuff on my own (never learned how and don't want to fry myself or the eggs). And, I cannot cut a viewing window out of the door on my fridge -- it's metal! Was yours metal, and did the jigsaw still work?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom