Homemade feeder and waterer

campcabo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 13, 2012
Ohio
I looked at many waterer solutions at TSC and online. Some of them were rather expensive so I resorted to finding a cheap way to make my own. I wanted a large waterer for when I was out of town so as to not inconvenience the person watching my chickens. I have posted an article on my blog on how to make your own feeder and waterer. I have included pictures and links to get products. Thanks for checking it out.

It's great that you made your own waterer but I would recommend a small change. The buckets you get at the hardware store are not made from food-grade plastic. It would be better to switch to a bucket that is made of a safer material. Go to a local restaurant and ask if they will give you a left over plastic pail. Restaurants buy all sorts of food ingredients in large quantities and these are shipped to them in food-grade plastic pails. When the food is gone, they throw away the buckets so they will probably be happy to give you a pail at no charge. If not, you can buy one from USPlastics.

That is a great idea. I do use recycled food grade pails for my food but I guess it escaped my mind on the water. I was so into getting them up I did not think about it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom