1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade Feeders + Waterers

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 50+Buff_Orphingtons, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 50+Buff_Orphingtons

50+Buff_Orphingtons Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2010
    Woods, KS
    I'm looking for more ideas for feeders and waters! I currently have 52 chickens, 42 Buff Orphingtons, and 8 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Barred Rocks. I don't want to spend money on something I can make.

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Welcome to BYC!! I made some hopper type feeders out of Plywood, 2x4s, screws and hinges. The were basically a vertical rectangular hopper with a slanted internal bottom that shifted the food to the front and fell into a tray. The free standing one has a large lid hinged at the top back that gives plenty of overhang to keep snow and rain out. The others fill from outside the coop wall and dispense inside.

This post has a similar one diagrammed in it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=190068

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by