Homemade Hatcher

TehLizardKing

Songster
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hey y’all, I’ve got a few different sets of eggs in my inky atm and will be removing them clutch by clutch to let them hatch in a separate one so as to avoid drowning younger eggs and covering them in hatch goo. I don’t usually do this but has postal services meant my shipped eggs arrived days apart, so to save me buying a second bator just for this specific hatch, does anyone have a blueprint for a container in which I could lock down a clutch of eggs? I was thinking a small RUB with a heat mat on the inside of the lid that’s plugged into a thermostat. If the heat sensor is touching one of the eggs and they are all directly under the mat to avoid temperature differences than presumably this would work?

Hey y’all, I’ve got a few different sets of eggs in my inky atm and will be removing them clutch by clutch to let them hatch in a separate one so as to avoid drowning younger eggs and covering them in hatch goo. I don’t usually do this but has postal services meant my shipped eggs arrived days apart, so to save me buying a second bator just for this specific hatch, does anyone have a blueprint for a container in which I could lock down a clutch of eggs? I was thinking a small RUB with a heat mat on the inside of the lid that’s plugged into a thermostat. If the heat sensor is touching one of the eggs and they are all directly under the mat to avoid temperature differences than presumably this would work?
It would not work well.

Assuming the eggs were fairly expensive, it would be better to go to tsc and purchase the lowest cost incubator there.

Protect your investment and you will also have a hatcher for future use.

The setup described above is more for emergencies

Good luck with the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom