HomeMade Incubator Contest - 3/09 - Winners Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me the computer fans are intermittent....made to run ever now and then, not full time...but they are cheap....how about an old refridge, they have a fan at the bottom....Grainger.....
good luck....I'm looking as well for a fan

Well, I thought the computer repair place would have a used one cheap. Nope...only new ones for $15. I DO, however, have a humidifier that hasn't been used in 2 years...time to get the tools! LOL

i wish i had one yet sadly i am not good with building
hit.gif

Last edited:
I got a pc fan, and it blew up. I used a regular plug from my computer as the power source and the PC fan couldn't handle it since it's only 12V. I ordered a 120V fan off ebay that was for some kind of old radio, and it's working beautifully. Can't wait to finish up the small details, and let it run, and see how it works..

Last edited:
I finally have my 'bator and page complete. My 6 year old twins and 2 1/2 year old daughters put the incubator together with my direction.
big_smile.png
I went crazy putting together the webpage because the program was running SUPER slow! The kids loved the challenge (me too!) and of course watching the eggs. Well here it is....'Batorvision
clap.gif

I should be assembling mine in the next few days. I know have all the parts except for the t stat. I have settled on a design that will look like a piece of furniture instead of a incubator. I haven't completely designed the finished shell, but the inner cabinet is ready to go for now. I will post pics soon.

I have half of my bator/hatcher done. If temps still look good in the hatcher tomorrow, my eggs will go in there and I will get the bator part done (I have to pirate parts from my styrobator :p ). So far it has been nothing but trouble, but it is slowly coming together and I may finally get what I want along with a chance to enter a contest! lol

Quote:
FANS!! a replacement fan/motor assembly for bathroom exhuast fans, home depot and lowes carrier just the motor and fan for about $14 they're 120volt 50cfm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom