Homemade Incubators

My cooler is just like sixshooters first pic
wink.png
. I think I'm going to find a scrap peice of 1" copper pipe to punch my whole for all the "guts", wires, and lamp kit. I ruined a knife and used up a brand new cigerette lighter cutting the window,
roll.png
lol. I think copper pipe and a propane torch should work nicely.

Last edited:
Here is a short Video of mine... I have hatched out many ducks in it so far.. I ended up scrapping my LG because this one is way more reliable... It is a foam cooler that worms come in I picked it up free at walmart, it has many ball jars in for heat sinks... the jars fit perfectly in the spaces where the worm containers were. I wired a light and fan with the smallest wattage bulb I could find. The light is plugged into a reptile heat regulator.. I usually put shelf liner on the wire for hatch.. I had to retro fit the LG turner to fit all I did was hack saw off the last row of egg holders and it fits perfectly.. I have 24 silkie eggs coming in the mail any day so we will see how it does on chicken eggs!

Happy Hatching
jumpy.gif

Jamie

Here is the one I built a few years ago, I have added 3 more turners since so it has 4 turner in it now. I have a top tray slide out hatcher, that fit's 150 eggs, I have since changed to a dbl wafer back-up thermostat system, it has a built in egg candler on top. I have it going almost nonestop for 3 years and it does work very nicely.

AL

10364_img_0183.jpg

10364_img_0188.jpg

10364_img_0191.jpg

10364_img_1184.jpg

10364_img_1185.jpg

Quote:
He is the guy I kinda copied!

I had no Idea when I originaly designed it I had no idea it would work so well, it was cheap to build not all that hard and fun. I won the bator contest with it back when I first made it.
How well does yours work??

Back
Top Bottom