Homemade wine... Do you? What is your favorite?

Tuff yes we will!!! DH loves to give his wine away, he's so proud of it! He also loves to talk about making it!!
big_smile.png

Oh and when do I get chicks??????
tongue.png

Quote:
Did you ever try it (or has anyone else here had elderberry wine)? I have a ton of elderberries every year and really want to try my hand at making wine with them. Most people I ask don't even know what an elderberry is.
sad.png

Sly, I'm putting Blue/Black/Splash in the bator this evening! and I have some under a Broody hen that should hatch out anyday....

Sounds like a plan with the wine!!...Your DH and mine can talk wine and we will wheel and deal chicks!!...lol

Rhubarb makes great wine!!...

Can't wait! I have 2 beautiful splash hens, and 3 dark blues, 2 are roos I think, that I hatched from Jim. I want more!! Poor DH, he really needs his wine these days!

elderberry wine rocks! Honeysuckle is pretty good too. we did cherry and strawberry last year and are planning on apple pear and peach this time around. I would love to see your recipes!
cool.png

We make all kinds of fruit wine, which comes off odd to alot of people cause we are only in our mid twenties. My Hubby learned from his grandparents and has been helping make it since he was little. Lets see last year we didn't make alot but the year before was a good year, had the extra time to do it. We even made all our own wine for our wedding, around 60 gals worth. We had jugs setting everywhere
lol.png

My favorites are blueberry and raspberry, hubby's are foxgrove grape and good old strawberry. But we have made :

Grape (two or three types) - making this year hopefully
Strawberry
Blueberry - making this year
Raspberry - making this year
Watermelon
Peach
Mixed berry
Peach/nectorine
Cherry - Making this year
Eldaberry- making this year hopefully
pear

Want to try some time soon
a pineapple mix type ? still thinking of ideas
cranberry - Hubby's pop makes a good one.
And of corse hard cider which I can't seem to get the hang of. guess I will have to keep trying and letting Hubbys pop make it when I mess it up lol.

edited for spelling- I have got to start checking it first lol.

Last edited:
Nightshade and all else,

I know what you maen about all kinds. We have made MANY different kinds also.

strawberry -never fails to turn out good

rose petal -the best ever

blackberry -very high alcohol content
big_smile.png

apple strawberry -awesome

cherry -awesome

blueberry -so-so in my opinion

jalapeno - good meat marinade

tomato -surpriseingly good, you would never guess what it was

turnip -well.........stunk to high heavens but tasted ok

peach -ok

Grape -ok but after all the fruit was kinda plain

muscadine - ok for jam but my wine was too muscadin-ie if that makes sense

I'm sure there are more that I just can't think of right off the top of my head. Oh, and yes we give a lot of our away.

Bo

Back
Top Bottom