Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

I am going to Nashville tomorrow but I can still meet up with you later in the week if needed. I don't think I hatched any other Sex Links this hatch.... I might have one from last hatch that is a week older. ..... OOOOOOHHHH I hatched a couple of Cuckoo Marans and I am 99% sure of the gender on 2 of them. Nice little head spots.

ON A HOMESCHOOL NOTE.... my 5 year old has been searching YOUTUBE and finding ADDITION videos and learning addition on his own..... got to love a self starter LOL.
That is wonderful that he is so motivated!! Reminds me of my 2nd and 4th. The baby is already teaching herself how to write her letters. My 2nd taught himself to read at 4. That will make it so much easier on you to homeschool. My oldest is self motivated with completing assignments, but was never big on learning new things as a small child. At least he takes pride in making all A's and does what it takes to get there, even if school is not his strong point. He is a very talented and creative artist. That is more his thing!

Chicks-yes please! Even if one hatches...it would be nice to have a couple more. What time and place is convenient for you. The only thing I have going on is to pick up my oldest at school at 3, then the afternoon is pretty shot after that as we go to church at 5. If we need to work it out between 3 and 5, I'm sure I can.

That is wonderful that he is so motivated!! Reminds me of my 2nd and 4th. The baby is already teaching herself how to write her letters. My 2nd taught himself to read at 4. That will make it so much easier on you to homeschool. My oldest is self motivated with completing assignments, but was never big on learning new things as a small child. At least he takes pride in making all A's and does what it takes to get there, even if school is not his strong point. He is a very talented and creative artist. That is more his thing!

Chicks-yes please! Even if one hatches...it would be nice to have a couple more. What time and place is convenient for you. The only thing I have going on is to pick up my oldest at school at 3, then the afternoon is pretty shot after that as we go to church at 5. If we need to work it out between 3 and 5, I'm sure I can.
Oh my word...I may have spoken too soon!!! I have 2 pipping!!!!! I'm am so amazed. They looked scrambled with detached air cells...

Check out my ~~Easter EGG Craft Ideas for Kids
It is at the bottom of this page toward the center and has this pic posted next to it.

These are just ideas. You are welcome to make any changes that may be better or just different. I would like to know if anyone has tried any of these or will try them.

Hey! I have been homeschooling my girls for quite a few years now. They are 13 and 11. They love being home and having time to work with the goats and chickens and turkeys!

I actually taught math at a public high school before I had kids. I had a difficult time finding a program that I really like. I ended up starting them off with Modern Curriculum Press Math. There are a couple of drawbacks for this program. One is that there is less review than with most of the other programs which I dealt with by using the Abeka Math workbooks for review. The other big one that I see is that they often have more problems than needed; I solve this problem by only requiring them to do a smaller portion than is offered.

I just thought I would throw in another idea for you to consider.

Hey! I have been homeschooling my girls for quite a few years now. They are 13 and 11. They love being home and having time to work with the goats and chickens and turkeys!

I actually taught math at a public high school before I had kids. I had a difficult time finding a program that I really like. I ended up starting them off with Modern Curriculum Press Math. There are a couple of drawbacks for this program. One is that there is less review than with most of the other programs which I dealt with by using the Abeka Math workbooks for review. The other big one that I see is that they often have more problems than needed; I solve this problem by only requiring them to do a smaller portion than is offered.

I just thought I would throw in another idea for you to consider.

Thanks! ANY Homeschooling ideas are Welcome here feel free to contribute ANYTHING about your homeschooling, good bad and ugly.

I have two suggestions for homeschooling. One is to get the book Homeschooling For Excellence by Colfax. The Colfax's did such a good job of homeschooling their three sons that all three were accepted by Harvard and were given full scholarships. All three boys graduated, too. Jean Kerr (Please Don't Eat the Daisies) did something with her kids that I thought was a great idea. They had to memorize a poem and recite it to the family after dinner on Saturday night. The poem could be anything they chose. This is something that will stay with them all their lives. I would also avoid textbooks as much as possible. The main qualification of a textbook writer seems to be the ability to make the most interesting material as dull and uninteresting as dry toast.

Back
Top Bottom