Homestead All Natural Poultry Feeds from Hubbard Feeds

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Crowing
16 Years
Nov 26, 2007
East of There, West of There
Hubbards Feeds has recently launched a new line of All Natural poultry feeds called Homestead Feeds. These feeds are formulated to contain no rendered animal proteins and antibiotics. The entire line of feeds has been simplified to better meet the needs of the hobby breeders as well as the all-natural entrepeneurs.

A summary of the feeds can be found at: http://www.homesteadfeeds.com/Poultry/poultry.html

If
anyone has questions about the feeds, please PM me.

In the essence of full disclosure: my wife and I are dealers for Hubbard Feeds and I am a nutritionist for Hubbard Feeds.

Jim

ummmmmmmmmm...... first ingredients are "grain products, protein products"

Nice that they are being upfront with customers about ingredients
hmm.png
barnie.gif

The use of those collective terms is acceptable and used quite often in the feed industry. Rather than criticize Homestead, why not question why LOL/Purina, Cargill/Nutrena, and ADM do not offer feed tags or nutrient guarantees on their websites?

Jim

I think it is excellent that someone is getting an all natural feed out there for us!!!!
Where are you located in Indiana? Im in Floyd County, Close to Louisville ky.

Sorry, I feed my birds Organic, and am very picky about ingredients. I have no idea what Purina or the other conventional companies list, but when I look for feed (or dog food!) ingredients, I want it to say exactly what is in it. I, for example, am on the lookout for a soy-free feed. I know it is made, and was just wondering if you guys offered that. When I look at the ingredient list of *anything* and they are that general, it makes me wondering what they are trying to hide. JMHO, and the honest opinion of someone who was genuinely interested in your product.

Leanna:

I apologize if I took your cryptic message out of context.

As I stated, the Homestead Poultry feeds are all-natural and were designed for both the lifestyle farmer as well as entrepeneurs capturing the all-natural feeding venue. They are not Organically certified nor are the soy free or GMO free.

If you want a soy free feed I can formulate one for you, but it would require two ton minimum orders as it will not be a main line feed.

Jim

Arwmommy- Why are you looking for soy free feed? I have seen this posted before and have never had a chance to find out what the problem is with soy.

Back
Top Bottom