Homesteaders

Discussion in 'DIY / Self Sufficiency' started by MountainMamaHST, Mar 10, 2013.

1. XOurSimpleLifeX

XOurSimpleLifeX Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2013
    Illinois
    Mine either! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    X

3. trsturself

trsturself Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Elizabeth, CO
    My husband's either!

Keep your fingers crossed for us. We have an offer accepted on a place with 5 acres! [​IMG]
    Just need everything to go smooth from here on out including selling our current house (which goes on the market tomorrow).

1 person likes this.
  4. RTFchickens

RTFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    USA
    Good luck!!! ;-)

5. sepaditty1

sepaditty1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well, step 1 of my garden ix done. I have tilled the area. I am now going to frae it with cement blocks and fill with dirt/compost.

1 person likes this.
  6. Raech

Raech Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2013
    Washington Border
    We went out to a small farm and got 10 tomato plants, 5 per house, 2 Thai peppers, 2 bell peppers and 1 jalapeno that is supposed to be at the top end of the spice level for jalapenos. And we got 8 little plants that the fruit/vegetable looks like a mini cabbage but tastes like a radish; don't remember the name of it but I figure we could give it a try since it was free. Got the one Better Boy tomato planted in a pot with the little cabbage/radish plants. And the rest of the garden got planted at my house yesterday, got some sunflowers sprouting that I am going to plant at a girl friend's house since she has a backyard habitat. Still debating on heading out to the farm again to get a bunch of radishes, but it is already 80 degrees today, so I think it might be too hot for them already. I felt bad after we left, on our way home Hubby said it was too bad she didn't have any radishes, but she did and I didn't think about them as I was getting everything else. Might even try to grow some lettuce if I can figure out a shaded spot that they won't get cooked in on my patio.

7. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Please be aware that even if I don't say it, my fingers are crossed when ever it is asked for. Thought mostly due to arthritis. I probably shouldn't even joke about such a thing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  8. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    You know, it's so darn wet here I bet I could grow RICE!! [​IMG]

9. XOurSimpleLifeX

XOurSimpleLifeX Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2013
    Illinois
    I was thinkin' the same sorts thing today...[​IMG]

10. RustedOak

RustedOak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    Waco, Texas
    Send some down to Central Texas! (rain and rice lol) We haven't seen a significant rain in some time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by