Homesteaders

Yes, that is a nutrient deficiency. I don't remember which nutrient though... and my gardening books are packed and sitting in a box in WI.

If you post that under the gardening forum, I'm sure someone there will be able to tell you.

Have any of you guys seen something like this before? I think it would b great for goats or chickens?

If you go to the COOPS tab at the top of the page and look in Medium and Large coops you will see a number of people have made hoop coops for their birds. Its very easy and cheap to make these and they work pretty well. There are some problems for specific areas with severe weather, but basically, they are a very good coop.

I live in Wyoming, with horrible winds all winter (can get to 70+ mph many times during the winter) so a hoop coop would be flattened and torn apart in no time. I could make one, but I would have to make some adjustments to the design to make it work. Areas with high snow fall will require a stronger pole than just the pvc for the supports. When I move to WI, I will probably have a couple of hoop coops, and use one for a spring/fall greenhouse also.

If you go to the COOPS tab at the top of the page and look in Medium and Large coops you will see a number of people have made hoop coops for their birds. Its very easy and cheap to make these and they work pretty well. There are some problems for specific areas with severe weather, but basically, they are a very good coop.

I live in Wyoming, with horrible winds all winter (can get to 70+ mph many times during the winter) so a hoop coop would be flattened and torn apart in no time. I could make one, but I would have to make some adjustments to the design to make it work. Areas with high snow fall will require a stronger pole than just the pvc for the supports. When I move to WI, I will probably have a couple of hoop coops, and use one for a spring/fall greenhouse also.
I have seen hoop coops and hoop greenhouses made from the frame of a trampoline. This would be much more solid than the pvc. Maybe something to research.

I contacted the business selling them, and its actually made from a hard fiberglass. I ordered 2 of them, one for chickens, and one for goats. The website is: customportableshed.com they are fairly priced, and should fit my needs perfectly.
I have no interest in this company at all, I just thought I'd share the link if anyone else wanted one :)

Back
Top Bottom