Homesteaders

Those fishing license pay for restocking that. No taxes are going to improve your crops or fruit trees. Unless your big enough to not need it then you get a bail out AND a tax right off.
Sure but restocking can't allow for fish to have time to grow. We'd get bigger fish if we let the waterways rest every so often. I figure once every 5 or 7 years of no fishing would give the fish a chance to grow. Man can't do things as well as mother nature.

hello every one,

think am going to try my hand at raising tilapia (if i can get my permit), with two set ups, i think am going to try some fish in a barrel, (pretty much just making a 55 gallon rain barrel a fish tank with a filter and a air stone to put air in, read some article on here of someone raising catfish in a barrel, pretty much they had like 40 cat fish in a 55 gallon tank/barrel and can get like 40 lbs of live fish per harvest) next i also want to try an aquaponic set up, just the simple ibc tote chop and flip set up.

hello every one,

think am going to try my hand at raising tilapia (if i can get my permit), with two set ups, i think am going to try some fish in a barrel, (pretty much just making a 55 gallon rain barrel a fish tank with a filter and a air stone to put air in, read some article on here of someone raising catfish in a barrel, pretty much they had like 40 cat fish in a 55 gallon tank/barrel and can get like 40 lbs of live fish per harvest) next i also want to try an aquaponic set up, just the simple ibc tote chop and flip set up.

Best of luck to ya. I remember you mentioning that before. It sounds like you've done your research and have two ways to make it work. I think it's always better have two ways to skin a cat. Ecspecially when it comes to a new way to make money.

I've never made grape jelly before. But, when I make jam, I use Pomona's pectin. It is a citrus pectin that relies on calcium to "gel". So, you only add as much sweetener or other flavorings as you want. (each box comes with the pectin and a little packet of calcium) I can't speak highly enough about this product, and it makes the process of making jams and jellies almost as simple as mixing up a batch of jello.

I've never made grape jelly before. But, when I make jam, I use Pomona's pectin. It is a citrus pectin that relies on calcium to "gel". So, you only add as much sweetener or other flavorings as you want. (each box comes with the pectin and a little packet of calcium) I can't speak highly enough about this product, and it makes the process of making jams and jellies almost as simple as mixing up a batch of jello.
I'll have to give it a try. Do you can the jelly afterwards. How long does it store?

Back
Top Bottom