HOMETOWN HATCHERY in Nevada, Mo Anyone bought from them?

I see that you posted this question almost a month ago, but yes they are a legitimate hatchery. I only live about 30 minutes from them myself. They don't have a website, but if you call and ask them, they can send you a catalog. I thought they had very reasonable prices, especially on their guineas.

I live just outside of Nevada and I've never heard of them. I also can't find their number in the phone book.

Yep they were featured in the magazine Backyard Poultry not too long ago...

From the magazine:

HOMETOWN HATCHERY, Timothy Downen, 21450 S. BB Hwy., Nevada, MO 64772. 417-448-4378. <[email protected]>
Baby chicks available for many standard & bantam breeds. Also ducklings, turkeys, geese & guineas. Great prices!

I also don't live far from them. So I placed a order to pick up from them. It took a couple weeks to get them to answer the phone, I left multiple messages. They never returned my calls. I decided to call them one more time, and they answered. So I gave them my order. They told me pick up date would be April 2, I had not heard from them so I called on March 31st. Who ever answered said they did not now about part of my order, but they would let me know in a couple of days. I am still waiting for that call. And have not been able to get a answer. I am starting to get upset about this. I hope they call pretty soon.

I just got my babies from them. Very pleased! No problems with communication and they ever brought my chicks to my city for me to come and get them! Also could not beat their prices anywhere!

I went to "chick days" at the local farm store supplied by Hometown Hatchery. I got 20 Buff Orpingtons, 10 Silver Laced and 10 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 6 Turkens, and 4 Barred Rocks. They threw in a mystery bantam (still a mystery to us)....for around 45 bucks. It has been 7 weeks and I have lost two. One my dog played with at 5 weeks (Barred Rock hen)...the other got stuck in the wire fence overnight (Turken). We want to eat all of them except about ten hens and a cock. All have looked great and all things considered, I would do it again. If one of my little girls really likes the chicken thing we might look for a breeder some day. I can't speak for their shipping obviously but if you want chickens that look and act like the breed, give them a try. The Orpingtons are particulalry beautiful.

I just got back from there this evening! Had a great time and brought home 2 dozen new babies at an unbelievable price! May go back the end of this week.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom