Homing advice for my chicks

Blackberrysilkie

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I got two more chicks for my one chick they are in my 20 gallon tank and I was wondering if that’s okay size and if so how long could they live in it? What are chick coop ideas and homing ideas for when they’re older and growing ?
871982A1-2E14-426D-9C49-F199353F3D78.jpeg

I would find something bigger as soon as possible. Is this a 20 long tank? After the first few days chicks need room to run and to escape the heat lamp heat.

Um, why start researching housing AFTER you bu y animals? Didn't think these baBies would grow up? There is a wonderful archive of co-op examples in the articles section of the website. I suggest you stArt there.

How long before they’re in a coup do u know any good coups that have 3 nesting boxes with a run

You would only need 1 or 2 nesting boxes. You will want them in more space in the next couple days. For now I would get a big dog kennel or similar asap, block the sides with cardboard because they will most likely be able to slip through the bars at this size.

4-6 weeks is pretty common to move to actual coop.

You would only need 1 or 2 nesting boxes. You will want them in more space in the next couple days. For now I would get a big dog kennel or similar asap, block the sides with cardboard because they will most likely be able to slip through the bars at this size.

4-6 weeks is pretty common to move to actual coop.

Thanks I found a coup I want and I will do that in the meantime ASAP I found the one outside in the st and now just trying to give her the very best

Um, why start researching housing AFTER you bu y animals? Didn't think these baBies would grow up? There is a wonderful archive of co-op examples in the articles section of the website. I suggest you stArt there.

i found her in the st and now just trying to give her the very best ...............

Chickens will share a nest. It's good to have more than one so they can choose, but chances are they will have a favorite and all use the same one. They will not start laying eggs until they are at least 4 to 6 months old, though. What do you mean when you say you found her in the "st"?

They do need a much bigger box right away. You need to raise the heat lamp or they will get too hot and may get sick and die. Do you have a thermometer to measure the heat on the floor under the lamp? It should be about 90°F the first week. Then lower it 5° a week until it reaches 70-75°, then they won't need it any more during the day. They need a big enough box to be able to get away from the heat if they want to.

Chickens will share a nest. It's good to have more than one so they can choose, but chances are they will have a favorite and all use the same one. They will not start laying eggs until they are at least 4 to 6 months old, though. What do you mean when you say you found her in the "st"?

They do need a much bigger box right away. You need to raise the heat lamp or they will get too hot and may get sick and die. Do you have a thermometer to measure the heat on the floor under the lamp? It should be about 90°F the first week. Then lower it 5° a week until it reaches 70-75°, then they won't need it any more during the day. They need a big enough box to be able to get away from the heat if they want to.

Thankyou I will do that now :)

Back
Top Bottom