honeymoon ideas ??

andy

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
grimsby,,,{England}
hi every1 ..yes thats right im getting married...4 th august. big white wedding.all organized and paid 4 {well sort of].apart from the honeymoon...any way were looking for some where to go for our honeymoon..weve been thinking of mexico {cancun} has any body been? was it good ?where did you stay? ......... also were open to other suggestions. cuba ,,dom rep, jamaica,,etc etc ps i love snorkling...and T.O.H {the other half} lol,, loves sunbathing ..thanks

You have my condolences...
gig.gif

j/k

Cancun is nice but very touristy anymore. And it'll be BLAZING hot in Aug (but I'm sure you know that). If you enjoy snorkeling or diving, you might think about a quick trip across to Cozumel. Playa del Carmen is also an option, just south of Cancun and across from Cozumel. Touristy too but seemed nicer than Cancun IMO.

For amazing diving and snorkeling, head further south to Belize. BEAUTIFUL!!!! And close to amazing Mayan ruins for day trips.

If you can shell out a little more, I'd check out Costa Rica. Beats out all of the above, from what I've heard. More pricey, but unforgettable. My sister and her husband stayed in a "treehouse" while there. Private beach and comfortable accomodations literally built into a tree.

Best to you and TOH!

We went to Niagara Falls...Canada side. We didn't have much money, so we drove (we live in Maine, about a 10 hr drive) and when we went the Canadian dollar was only worth about $.50 US, so we got a really great hotel room with a jacuzzi tub and king sized bed, awesome view of the gorge. It was pretty fun. We went on the Aero car, Maid of the Mist, we also went on these jet boats that take you up the river to the whirlpool and got completely drenched. There is also a zoo not far from there that you drive in your car through all the animals exibits. We had a baboon stand on our car. There are lions and everything...don't go through there with a car the doesn't have air conditioning because you can't roll down the windows. I guess Niagra is the honeymoon capitol of the world. We really enjoyed it.

If we had more money we probably would have traveled to Europe or done a Mediterranean or Alaskan cruise. We got married June 29th, so any place too hot was out of the question, plus I'm not a huge fan of the beach, actually more like not a huge fan of wearing swim wear.
hmm.png

Oh and AAA works in Canada...I locked the keys in the car!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmmmm! Sunbathing and honeymooning.
We took a cruise from Tampa to Key West then Cozumel. We snorkled, drank, sunbathed...ironically from Aug 4-9 in 1999. Awesome!!!
PS-I came home pregnant. My husband wanted to name him Cruz.

Cozumel is nice for snorkeling and still has some coral to see, Bonaire is nice and safe for snorkeling and not touristy but not much for colorful coral. What about Turks and Caicos? It's known for lovers and snorkeling.

been married 2 years and still waiting for my honeymoon!!!!.....mexico is a bad idea......very hot, and other things i can't say it would get me in to trouble here

how about a tour of the states.....new england area is really cool

If your thinking about the islands, take a look at Turks and Caicos. You can do all the snorkeling and sunbathing you want there. Good luck with the wedding!
smile.png

At the risk of being flamed......

Jamaica, "Labadee" (Haiti), Nassau - be careful of going off the beaten path - they are 3rd world countries! Very, very poor and civil unrest. You can only stay on the resort property.

St. Maartin and Belize is great!! We are going to Costa Rica next month. Staying at the Los Suenos Marriott Resort. I would suggest Central America or the West Indies.

I'll be worried about my chickens!!!

Have fun!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom