hoop coop + 10x10 kennel run

TracysChickys

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
Cornelia, GA (NE GA)
We bought a 10x10 chain link kennel that we were going to use for a run, attached to a wooden chicken house. Our plans have changed and we are going to build a hoop coop out of cattle panels instead. I'd still like to use the kennel for additional run space and have it attached to the hoop coop, but I can't picture how it would work. Has anyone else had a similar setup?

The kennel is from Lowes and we bought a roof kit to put on it as well.

Last edited:
I've got a hoop run, and have thought about how to attach a kennel.

My thoughts were to cut a cattle panel in the contour of the hoop run and length needed to attach the two together. HC to make the transition predator proof.

My second thought was to make two slices in the side of the hoop 10' appart to accept panels from the kennel. The third panel would hook the two together. The forth panel would be for the roof.

Now, I haven't attempted these yet, so I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of that would complicate things.

It seems to me that you could go in two directions with this: Use the hoop coop as the "coop" with the dog kennel as the "run", or the other way around.

IMG_20200426_133811.jpg

We figured out a way to attach the two together. We left a small section of the kennel open (where the temporary PVC section is) and the hoop coop will attach there. The run isn't finished. We still have to put the hardware cloth on when it arrives from Amazon and the top still has to be added. Our chickens are enjoying it during the day and go back to the garage at night for about another week.

Back
Top Bottom