hoop tractor

RachelVT

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
can anyone post some basic directions for building a hoop tractor? I made a salatin style last year but found it hard to get into for placing feeders and waterers.

wyoDreamer

Free Ranging
11 Years
Nov 10, 2010
NE Wisconsin
Go to the Coop & Run forum and search for hoop tractor - there are a good number of threads there that have pictures.

My hoop tractor will be cattle panels covereed in chicken wire - probably 2 panels side by side - with a 2x6 bottom frame and 2x6 braces at the corners to keep it square. Build the end panel with a door ( I have an old screen door off the house I am going to use). The other end will be solid for a wind break - some old siding that is stacked in the barn probably. A tarp over 1/2 of it for shade and rain protection.

Rain, Ha ha, I crack myself up, I am starting to doubt that it will ever rain again.

rikithemonk

Songster
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
Mont Dora Florida
can anyone post some basic directions for building a hoop tractor? I made a salatin style last year but found it hard to get into for placing feeders and waterers.
Hoop tractors are easy. If you look on my profile, you will see a link to my youtube video. I don't go step by step, but I do go around the coop and explain exactly how it was done. Also list a few mistakes I made and how to avoid them.

The things I don't like is that no one in any of the videos I watched ever says what length or size PVC they use to get the resulting height. So when I made my video, I gave the info.

Riki

Top Bottom